• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Owner of 11% of Dash in Existence

David

All: It's come up a few times before on the BCT thread, but it is of course difficult to keep the conversation on a single thread for long, plus all the trolls etc...

What are your thoughts on:
https://chainz.cryptoid.info/dash/wallet.dws?559582.htm

My first thought is that somebody with that much Dash would have interests very closely aligned to that of the project as a whole. But what if this person becomes a bad actor and attempts to manipulate the price? We have seen other members of the community whose interests appeared to be aligned with ours (vertoe, InternetApe) only to have them get angry and leave, often causing as much trouble as possible on the way out.

Discuss?

I believe it's Otoh's:

(...)
That address is mine, all my coins were bought long after any vote on instamine etc.
(...)

* Otoh: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=421615.msg11258689#msg11258689

He is a well known person, a DASH enthusiast, and has been very positive towards our community.

We can not forbid people to buy as much Dash as they want (can). :grin:

Very true, that's a free market, after all :wink:

I guess there's a natural tendency for a wealth accumulation, especially because of DASH's clear qualities and potential. But some redistributions (e.g. when a large holder sells part of his coins) will normally occur, and such new distributions are also very healthy and important.

I believe it's Otoh's:

He is a well known person, a DASH enthusiast, and has been very positive towards our community.

Very true, that's a free market, after all :wink:

I guess there's a natural tendency for a wealth accumulation, especially because of DASH's clear qualities and potential. But some redistributions (e.g. when a large holder sells part of his coins) will normally occur, and such new distributions are also very healthy and important.
My bad I missed that! I feel a little better now ::) otoh is kinda the man

Back