• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

[Opinion] Dash Force Three Amigos needs to change

GrandMasterDash

Masternode Owner/Operator
This is not a critique of DFN as a whole, but just to say, imo the Three Amigos podcast really needs to change. I've previously complained that 1hr+ podcasts were too long, and now we have the latest one running for 2hrs!

I would say, the recent batch of interviews with external players - e.g. edge wallet - has improved things a little, but the format and length is just too much. Why is it too long? - because dash - digital cash - aspires for mainstream use. Where does DFN fit if it's simply preaching to the converted?

Every episode, shill shill shill. Hmm, don't get me wrong, I like the enthusiasm but c'mon, every week, one hour plus is maddening. And when there is talk of other cryptos, the lack of knowledge or appreciation is obvious.

If DFN really want to talk this much, they should switch to a streaming service and make it Dash Force TV or something. Then record the interviews etc and edit them up into 10 minute segments so that the streaming experience is broken up, interesting and varied. Why not join forces with Tao's Dash Decntralized or whatever it is. Join forces and put together a rolling 247 streaming service.

Talking of segments, it would be nice if someone actually produced stuff that was off-topic yet included dash prizes / giveaways.

I'm itching to vote Yes on such a change. I'm sure Mark and Joel have it in them to pull this off. Not sure about Brian though, I think maybe he's better off behind the scenes.

I, for one, really like the long-form podcasts, listen to them every week when I do payroll and what not at the office. DFN does occasionally do short 5-minute or so segments covering the news over the last week or so, but these are intermittent. There are other projects like the Crypto Show and Dash Decentral as you mentioned that take different approaches, but as always preferences vary. In fact, the latter seems to be more in line with what you're talking, a collection of smaller segments from various community contributors, and the former actually does off-topic or more general topics and to my knowledge has included Dash contests (Danny also heads up Dash Cares, which has done some great charity and relief work in various places). Why would we want it all wrapped in to one single format when we could have lots of different ones?

I really only watch the 3 amigos when they have a dcg or high profile guests on. I really like that we have an hour or more to have their brain picked on camera. The two hours with Lorenzo and Alejandro could have easily gone to three in my opinion. These interviews don't drag on in the least and are thoroughly entertaining.
Dash Force is also responsive. They killed off the altcoin corner or whatever it was.

I wish they had more access to DCG, as they could be considered our PR department. It boggles me that Dash Force is having such trouble getting questions answered. At the very least, the people to whom we are paying for the PR role should be getting answers so DFN can get that info out to the world.

I really only watch the 3 amigos when they have a dcg or high profile guests on. I really like that we have an hour or more to have their brain picked on camera. The two hours with Lorenzo and Alejandro could have easily gone to three in my opinion. These interviews don't drag on in the least and are thoroughly entertaining.
Dash Force is also responsive. They killed off the altcoin corner or whatever it was.

I wish they had more access to DCG, as they could be considered our PR department. It boggles me that Dash Force is having such trouble getting questions answered. At the very least, the people to whom we are paying for the PR role should be getting answers so DFN can get that info out to the world.

Sure, and variety is the spice of life. You're not wrong, that MNOs do want interviews in and around the dash space, but should DFN be aimed at MNOs or digital cash for everyone? They are running various activities - news website, and Discover Dash, and more - that aim to support new users and wider mainstream adoption. Is it really a good strategy to try and appeal to two very different audiences? If they applied this podcast mentality to their news site, we'd be seeing 10,000 word articles!

In some respects, evangelizing crypto is akin to evangelizing the US dollar. Of course, it's better than the US dollar, but I mean to say, you get paid and you just want to get on with life. You just need to know, when you're using dash, you're a part of a positive force in life, for the betterment of everyone. The dash dao, improving the quality of life around the world, in places like Venezuela. That should be DFN message to the world, in everything they do. Fun, exciting, informative and accessible. To bring us together and be seen as an organization that cares. That dash has a purpose.

Or they continue on with their one or two hour rampages, appealing to a select few.

To try and do both is like mixing water and oil. Trust me, your average Joe will find nothing appealing, seeing a two hour podcast in their stream.

Back