• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

OPEN LETTER TO DARKCOIN COMMUNITY

TaoOfSatoshi

****************OPEN LETTER TO DARKCOIN COMMUNITY: PLEASE READ***********************

Intro:

Picture USDLand. How about EURMart. Oh, maybe JPY Motors?

If these company names seem silly to you, it's because they should.

I've been thinking long and hard about this issue, and agree with the posters who have a problem with Darkcoin (DRK) being lumped in
with a business venture, albeit one with massive potential such as the Masternode Network (MasterNet).

Before we proceed with development, it is imperative that we agree to seperate the two permanently.

DARKCOIN - (DRK, .DRK)

I have seen some posters refer to .DRK for some uses such as e-mail, poker sites, or de-centralized exchanges. In my view, this
is a mistake. We do not want new customers (if TOR is any indication, they could number in the millions) to have the first thing they
see for these services to be Darkcoin.

New Custome (NC)r: Hey, I heard that there is a new network that is better than TOR in every way, it's called DRKNET.
Dark Community Member (DCM): Ya, it's great, and it's powered by a fully anonymous digital currency called Darkcoin!
NC: So I need to get Darkcoins, to use this service?
DCM: Ya, it doesn't accept anything else.

The new customer gets the impression that this is the only use for these coins, which may not be true, and he will learn later that
he can use them in other places, but first impressions are strong, and he may use Bitcoin for other transactions.

Conclusion: We MUST not use .DRK (Darkcoin) or anything related to Darkcoin in promoting the Masternode Network (MasterNet, Web 3.0)

THE MASTERNODE NETWORK (MasterNet, Web 3.0)

This is where we need to concentrate our efforts to separate Darkcoin the currency from the Masternode Network.

PokerStars.MN, Webmail.MN, DRKBTC.MN, etc....

Make no mention of Darkcoin at all until the customer decides to try the product.

NC: Hey, I just heard of this great network that is better than TOR in everyway, it's called MasterNet.
DCM: Yeah, buddy, they are offering a free trial to get you started, but after that, you better stock up on Darkcoins, because that is
the only currency they accept!
NC: Really? What are Darkcoins?
DCM: I'm glad you asked! Darkcoins are a fully anonymous digital currency which are accepted worldwide at many locations online and in person,
and are the currency of choice for MasterNet. If you want to use MasterNet, you better create a Darkcoin wallet!
NC: Thanks! *Downloads wallet, thinks of all the places he will spend his coins*

Option 2 is clearly better than Option 1. Eliminate DRK completely from the business aspect of the project.

.DRK (No thanks)
.MN (Now you are talking)

Thank you for taking the time to read this, a lot of thought went into it, and please bump if you like it.

Tao

Back