Open Bazaar Integration

TanteStefana

Grizzled Member
Foundation Member
Mar 9, 2014
And if the purchaser never releases the funds, it stays there forever? No way to get it back? I ask, because I can see many confused buyers forgetting to release payment, LOL.

If DASH were to integrate this, it would be a separate instance of Open Bazaar, no? Or would the developers of OB add us?

Does OB also keep the cost up to date for what the coins are worth at the time of sale? I mean, does OB convert desired fiat to equivalent in coinage? I guess the buyer could lose a lot having to wait until the item is accepted (if prices drop) or gains a lot if prices rise.

Finally, who hosts OB? Do these "nodes" get paid a percentage of the coins?

Last edited by a moderator:

darkstrike420

Jul 1, 2014
And if the purchaser never releases the funds, it stays there forever? No way to get it back? I ask, because I can see many confused buyers forgetting to release payment, LOL.

If DASH were to integrate this, it would be a separate instance of Open Bazaar, no? Or would the developers of OB add us?

Does OB also keep the cost up to date for what the coins are worth at the time of sale? I mean, does OB convert desired fiat to equivalent in coinage? I guess the buyer could lose a lot having to wait until the item is accepted (if prices drop) or gains a lot if prices rise.

Finally, who hosts OB? Do these "nodes" get paid a percentage of the coins?
If I remember correctly, please don't quote me on this.. To become a Seller on Open Bazaar you are required to become a node as that is the only way your potential customers could reach you.

illodin

Apr 26, 2014
Dunno but all this seems outdated even if it's not finished yet when smart contracts and double deposit escrow exist. Maybe it would be better to look what David Zimbeck is doing with his Halo / BitBay / NightTrader?

B

buster

https://blog.openbazaar.org/openbazaar-beta-0-4-0-portobello-is-released/

OpenBazaar Beta 0.4.0 “Portobello” is released for Linux and OSX

The fourth OpenBazaar beta has been released, named after the famed Portobello Road Market in London.

Please note this is still a beta and for users with some level of technical expertise. This isn’t a consumer ready release.

Binaries will be released soon. Windows users will need to wait for binaries. You can install beta 0.4.0 on Linux or OSX using the following instructions. For a detailed overview of the 0.4 beta client, visit this post.

We’ve also released quick start guides, visit these links for buyer, merchant, and notary.

This release includes a substantial number of new features and improvements. Most notable are the networking changes, which should allow better connectivity and largely eliminate the need for port forwarding. Also greatly improved is stability. Other improvements include:

• Signing keys are now HD for increased privacy;
  • Internal messaging system for online parties to communicate;
  • Users can now select their avatars;
  • Images are now externally hosted and listings can support three images (including gifs);
  • Notaries can now offer refunds to buyer or release funds to seller;
  • Notaries can now set their fee (as a percentage) if their services are utilized;
  • The order workflow has been significantly improved;
  • Addition of simple walk-through on start up ;
  • Search improvements.

akhavr

Oct 11, 2014
I follow the develop branch.

All integration with bitcoin network is done via https://github.com/vbuterin/pybitcointools I've forked it as https://github.com/akhavr/pydashtools and will take a look at next weekend.

I also follow the LetsTalkBitcoin podcasts closely. So far, the only way to switch the coins I see, is via plugging in a different py*tools with a compatible interface. Perhaps Brian (?) meant that they are planning something different, but I've not seen such code yet.

I'd better see OpenBazaar as a multicurrency network, so we can trade there both with BTC, DASH and counterparty tokens, but it's not there yet.

yidakee

Foundation Member
Apr 16, 2014
I fear I may have broken homebrew forever. I simply cannot install on OSx. At work I can't get the linux to uPnP, but the network is crappy anyway. Will try at home later.

tungfa

Grizzled Member
Dash Core Team
Foundation Member
Masternode Owner/Operator
Apr 9, 2014
Same reason as IBM, Github, Facebook, RVM, Mozilla, Digital Ocean, Adobe etc ... I guess. Probably because it gets the job done quick and cheap ?

https://www.bountysource.com/teams
sorry i erased my post
as i was talking about OB
you were talking about bountysouce
:)

bountysource
cool page

OB
i wonder what is going on with them
they seem way behind in anything
:sad:

yidakee

Foundation Member
Apr 16, 2014
sorry i erased my post
as i was talking about OB
you were talking about bountysouce

bountysource
cool page

OB
i wonder what is going on with them
they seem way behind in anything
:sad:
snail slow. can't blame them though, they're not even a currency and have zero backing. I quit looking at it for now, too many problems with NAT, but it's probably my router.

tungfa

Grizzled Member
Dash Core Team
Foundation Member
Apr 9, 2014
"The OpenBazaar core team is excited to announce that we’ve received $1 million in seed funding from Union Square Ventures, Andreessen Horowitz, and angel investor William Mougayar to develop the OpenBazaar protocol and client, and build the first business on top of the OpenBazaar network."

Woop Woop
https://blog.openbazaar.org/openbazaar-is-entering-a-new-phase-with-funding/

Reactions: akhavr and yidakee

yidakee

Foundation Member
Apr 16, 2014
Reactions: tungfa

tungfa

Grizzled Member
Dash Core Team
Foundation Member
Apr 9, 2014
akhavr are you still with us my friend ?
might be time to look into this code again soon
;)

akhavr

Oct 11, 2014
With a goal to get a slice of? :)
I'm here, I'm working on my crypto: it appears that I can develop and lead teams, but know not enough cryptographic fundamentals to convert pybitcointools to pydashtools

Reactions: yidakee

tungfa

Grizzled Member
Dash Core Team
Foundation Member
Apr 9, 2014
With a goal to get a slice of? :)
I'm here, I'm working on my crypto: it appears that I can develop and lead teams, but know not enough cryptographic fundamentals to convert pybitcointools to pydashtools
there he is :)
i never doubted that you can lead teams and everything else !

"a slice" ?
Dash into "a slice" of OB , same old story
;)

Reactions: yidakee

tungfa

Grizzled Member
Dash Core Team
Foundation Member
Apr 9, 2014
Hey :),
What's the hangout for? I requested an invite thinking it was something Dash related but I can't find an explanation on the thread.

Pablo.
Open Bazaar Hangout
As buster (further back) I trying to keep updated for us how OB develops

Reactions: fible1

tungfa

Grizzled Member
Dash Core Team
Foundation Member
Apr 9, 2014
Please pardon my lack of forum nettiquette, but

F*CK YEAH !!! THIS is F*CKIN' BRILLIANT !

Disclaimer, I haven't seen the video, just the title.

https://provistor.com
Tataaaaa

Is our Dev still with us here or do we have to restart this project ? Dash implementation into a open bazaar ?

yidakee

Foundation Member
Apr 16, 2014
THE END OF EBAAAAAYY, not only for geek but for the masses?!?!? FINALLY REALLY HERE?? I'm having a fit, sorry...

Just bugs me I need a Digital Ocean account. I will try it for now and report back, until OB is NAT-free and we can fire up a front-end server on our own choice, like we do with our MN's.

But for now, super excited. I thought OB had hit the wall because it's so damn tricky to set up for the majority

Reactions: tungfa

tungfa

Grizzled Member
Dash Core Team
Foundation Member
Apr 9, 2014
Time is more expensive than money :(

If I can bug someone privately with stupid questions on the BTC and Dash fundamental primities (how exactly signatures work, why pybitcointools have this test, etc) it would move.

Essentialy, 99% of OpenBazaar migration to DashBazaar would be done by converting https://github.com/vbuterin/pybitcointools to https://github.com/akhavr/pydashtools
UdjinM6
would you be the one akhavr could ask some questions ?
as for as i know you know everything ?!
;)

PS: my though in this is not to have a separate Dash Bazaar but have Dash integrated into Open Bazaar
so you could chose to pay BTC or Dash ?!