• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

One Dollar One Vote Governance [Crossposted for visibility]

Could this not put the door wide open for our competitors to buy-in cheaply at Dash, get voting power and then abuse our governance system by downvoting valuable budget proposals ?

Could this not put the door wide open for our competitors to buy-in cheaply at Dash, get voting power and then abuse our governance system by downvoting valuable budget proposals ?

In which case, I suppose, what you describe is a serious attack vector on dash usernames. In the absence of this proposal, a rich attacker could still gobble up millions of usernames. My assumption is, we're aiming to onboard millions of users and the economic model that DCG is applying to usernames is sufficiently strong to limit such an attack. I suggest a failure with dash usernames, with or without this proposal, still amounts to a disaster. If such a disaster occured, a successful recovery process would equally fix governance.

I have updated this proposal to try and answer your concern.

1. I have removed the ability to down-vote MNOs, thereby minimizing volatility.

2. Usernames will be live and monitored closely by DCG (I hope), ensuring proper rollout / distributed goes smoothly.

3. As an additional safety measure, before going live, ODOV governance may choose to run in parallel with the existing system for a period of six months.

Updated. Clarification on the end user voting function plus an explanation of DashRates-API in determining the dollar value of dash.

Back