• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Old darkcoin wallet.dat lost coins

SomeRelax

Hello,

at the beginning i have to say im so sorry for making a new thread for this old problem, but i couldnt find any solution in this forum and by googling

i have an encrypted wallet.dat backup from darkcoin and had more than 120 darkcoin in it
now after update the qt, there is no coin
no transaction
no coin
and even i can not find any address in my wallet

things that i have done so far:
i used all of the wallet repair options (salvagewallet, rescan blockchain, recover transaction 1 and 2, rebuild index) in the new wallet, no result
i tried to use "listtransactions "*" 1000 0" command to find some transaction, but there were nothing
i dont have any address in my wallet (or i couldnt find any), so i can not get the private key
i did a manual --rescan check, no result

any idea?

1. Go to appdata folder and you`ll find DASH folder.
Inside of it there is the file wallet.dat
Copy it to the safe place first.

2. Go to appdata folder where is DARKCOIN folder is, open it and copy the wallet.dat to safe place, other than the 1st one :)
3. Copy the wallet.dat from DARKCOIN folder into DASH folder and start the dash client :) all fine? :)

btw. remember to do the point number 1 and 2 with the client closed :)

Let us know if all is fine :)

2. Go to appdata folder where is DARKCOIN folder is, open it and copy the wallet.dat to safe place, other than the 1st one :)
3. Copy the wallet.dat from DARKCOIN folder into DASH folder and start the dash client :) all fine? :)

You just made him very happy.

120x8= ~1k! Good little bug fix hha

@splawik21, thanks a lot
actually i dont have access to darkcoin folder anymore
all i have is a wallet.dat of old darkcoin
i just first synced the latest qt, closed it, replaced the wallet and ran it again and it was the start point of my problem, because there was nothing
and after that i did the things in my first post

@splawik21, thanks a lot
actually i dont have access to darkcoin folder anymore
all i have is a wallet.dat of old darkcoin
i just first synced the latest qt, closed it, replaced the wallet and ran it again and it was the start point of my problem, because there was nothing
and after that i did the things in my first post

reindex wallet !

I have the file, IMO the wallet is corrupted, working on it right now. The history shows nothing but when I want to ask the receiving address it asks me for the password to unlock the wallet. (edit. I`ve upgraded the wallet from ver 60000 and does not ask ofr password anymore)
When going to Coin Control Feature I see in (14) locked amounts, but nothing visible....
@UdjinM6 I`ll send you the wallet so you could verify if there is any bug in the wallet or is it corrupted indeed ok?
@crowning if you want to see it ping me too.

Last edited:
I have the file, IMO the wallet is corrupted, working on it right now. The history shows nothing but when I want to ask the receiving address it asks me for the password to unlock the wallet. (edit. I`ve upgraded the wallet from ver 60000 and does not ask ofr password anymore)
When going to Coin Control Feature I see in (14) locked amounts, but nothing visible....
@UdjinM6 I`ll send you the wallet so you could verify if there is any bug in the wallet or is it corrupted indeed ok?
@crowning if you want to see it ping me too.
Well, it's just an old encrypted wallet
Code:
nFileVersion = 110125
Keys: 0 plaintext, 2002 encrypted, 1 w/ metadata, 2002 total
I had a look via hex editor too and there are indeed "ckey"s (encrypted keys).
Wallet has no issues reading this file so I guess .dat is ok, it's just empty i.e. none of these addresses had any txes ever.
So the question is how exactly this wallet was created and funded in the first place.

PS. Locked amounts is a visual issue but it's not related (it's from mnconflock I guess).

i helped a person the other day with "lost" coins
it turned out that he used the wrong back up file (wallet.dat) to search for them !

After a shared screen (on Skype) i could find the proper wallet.dat and all coins were recovered.
(as never lost)

SomeRelax : are you sure you are using the correct wallet.dat ?

@UdjinM6, this wallet was created in the time of mining days
i used this wallet to withdraw my coins in the pools and since then i didnt use it till now

Hi,
new user, I have a similar problem -
I had forgotten my password for almost 2 years... old darkcoin v11 wallet encrypted in a hurry,
However, with more time on my hands, I've discovered the password using JohnTheRipper, it matches that which I would have used.
The latest wallet has never allowed me to unlock it or change the password, all transactions and balance display correctly.

I've tried a number of suggested solutions, scripts btcrecover/pywallet etc. found on btctalk, with no success.
Is the problem is that they keys are encrypted, and my wallet thinks that they are not maybe? I get this output for example from pywallet -

Found 1 possible wallets
Found 314 possible encrypted keys
Found 0 possible unencrypted keys

Possible wallet #1
with passphrase #1

Private keys not decrypted: 314
Trying all the remaining possibilities (314) might take up to 0 minutes.
Do you want to test them? (y/n): y

Try another password, check the size of your partition or seek help
The wallet is encrypted and the passphrase is correct

Importing:

The new wallet /home/userx/JohnTheRipper/fixed/recovered_wallet_1468762449.dat contains the 0 recovered key
I am 100% sure that the passphrase is that which I used to encrypt the wallet, its won't allow/recognise it; but is it true even if I extract using hex editor, they would still be encrypted keys?

Please any suggestions from here greatly appreciated....

Hi,
new user, I have a similar problem -
I had forgotten my password for almost 2 years... old darkcoin v11 wallet encrypted in a hurry,
However, with more time on my hands, I've discovered the password using JohnTheRipper, it matches that which I would have used.
The latest wallet has never allowed me to unlock it or change the password, all transactions and balance display correctly.

I've tried a number of suggested solutions, scripts btcrecover/pywallet etc. found on btctalk, with no success.
Is the problem is that they keys are encrypted, and my wallet thinks that they are not maybe? I get this output for example from pywallet -

Found 1 possible wallets
Found 314 possible encrypted keys
Found 0 possible unencrypted keys

Possible wallet #1
with passphrase #1

Trying all the remaining possibilities (314) might take up to 0 minutes.
Do you want to test them? (y/n): y

Try another password, check the size of your partition or seek help
The wallet is encrypted and the passphrase is correct

Importing:

The new wallet /home/userx/JohnTheRipper/fixed/recovered_wallet_1468762449.dat contains the 0 recovered key
I am 100% sure that the passphrase is that which I used to encrypt the wallet, its won't allow/recognise it; but is it true even if I extract using hex editor, they would still be encrypted keys?

Please any suggestions from here greatly appreciated....

"Found 314 possible encrypted keys" means that it found text placeholders which should be followed by encrypted private keys. If you are 100% sure it's the right passphrase wallet should accept it imo.
And yes, using hex editor won't help - keys are actually stored in encrypted form.

I offer the help, to your forgotten password for BTC Wallet.dat

Also I can give you my script, under a condition not to use him in the illegal purposes.

Donations for my script I ask 1-BTC. A half of the sum at once, a half after your success.

In more detail here

Thank you, Thank you, Thank you.
I thought this would work and be the simplest thing. I tried it and it worked perfectly.
Boy, some of the replies to this question have been off the charts complicated.
Cannot tell you how much I appreciate this simple answer that worked.

For those who don't know how to find the right folder: Google this:
Show User Library Directory in Mac OS X 10.7 Lion & 10.8 Mountain Lion

You will also need to know how to use Terminal. Google: How to use Terminal to apply the following info.

The wallet.dat file is hidden in your dardcoin folder in your library folder. You want to make your Library folder unhidden. The instructions to do so are found by googling Show User Library Directory in Mac OS X 10.7 Lion & 10.8 Mountain Lion. (or whatever version you have)
With that info you can go in to your Terminal and make your Library visible (it is hidden)

When that is done, you will see your application support files. There you will find your dark coin folder and your dash folder. Look for the wallet.dat file in your dark coin folder, right click and chose "copy" Then go to your dash folder and right click on/or in it and chose "Paste" It will ask you if you want to replace the current wallet.dat file, Choose "replace". You are done. If you open your dash wallet you should now see your dark/dash coins listed.

Last edited:
hi gurus,

I have been trying to rediscover my wallet password for Dash, but with no luck. I have tried the JohnTheRipper script but I am wondering if by setting the --format=bitcoin is correct as Dash uses X11, am I right? Would the wallet be coded through X11 as well? My knowledge is very basic on this. Thank you for any help you can give me in advance.

Back