• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Official Statement On Rebranding To Dash-关于重命名为Dash的官方声明

Alexy

Foundation Member
Darkcoin’s vision has always been to create a trust-less, decentralized, private and fast payment platform for the benefit of the majority. This is our ethos and our most important goal, recently it became apparent that our branding was getting in the way of reaching the people we were trying to help, that is when I knew that in order to accomplish our vision we would need to change our name. Our ideals remain intact and we will continue to pursue them under any branding we have, now and in the future.
一直以来,暗黑币都致力于创造一个非信任,去中心化,保护隐私的快速支付平台,从而满足广大用户的需求。这是我们的主旨,也是我们最重要的目标。而近来,当我们想为更多人提供帮助时,我们的名字却成为了阻碍。这时我意识到了,为了完成我们远大的目标,我们需要重新为项目命名。我们的理念不会改变,不管名称是什么,我们都将继续追寻我们的目标,无论是现在还是将来。

Months ago the community organically came up with the name “Dash” as a possible rebranding idea of Darkcoin, I took notice of this and the good deal of support it had in the forums. This lead to us researching the Dash brand for a few months. In the process of doing some investigation, we found that there was another company in the financial space that was filing a trademark. This resulted in me buying another coin “Dashcoin” and challenging their trademark application.几个月前,社区提出了“Dash”一词,作为可能替换项目名的备选名之一,我当时注意到了,而且很多人也十分支持。于是那之后的几个月团队对Dash这个品牌名做了调查,在调查过程中,我们发现在金融领域已经有公司注册了这个商标。这使得我最终决定买下一款竞争币“Dashcoin”的名称,并且争取与他们的商标相竞争。

There is some misunderstanding in the community about why there was a quick move to announce this without a previous debate on the forums, as I originally intended. It was simply the result of a mistake on github, where I posted a comment to the Darkcoin github account with the Dashcoin github account login. I felt it was best to show the community where I was with the research, rather than let rampant speculation move through the community about why we were in control of the Dashcoin project. Acquiring Dashcoin is no different than getting a previously existing domain name, the acquired project itself will not continue only the DRK project will move forward under a new name. I had to make some really quick decisions and I apologize for the confusion that resulted from my mistakes.
社区当中存在着一些误会,认为“没有经过讨论就如此仓促的更改项目名太武断了”,我也预料到了这一点。而导致这一点的其实是我之前在github中使用Dashcoin账号在Darkcoin中评论了一条信息。我当时觉得与其让社区产生无休止的猜想,这应该是最好的向社区反馈我调查进度的方法。这次的更名后将和之前一样,Dashcoin原项目将停止(目前的所有技术及代码将由新项目全部继承,译者注),而DRK(暗黑币)的一切将会在这一新名称下进行。有时我必须迅速决定一些事,对于这次给大家带来的困惑我感到抱歉。

That’s all in the past now and after careful consideration, reading all the posts from everyone for the last few days and weighing every argument, I believe it is best if we make it official that we’re going with DASH. At this point our priority is to have closure so we can move on, the uncertainty hurts the community and markets, more than any renaming options and prevents us from moving forward with development.
这些已经过去了。现在,经过深思熟虑,在浏览了所有社区成员的回帖后衡量轻重,我们最终决定更名为DASH。而当务之急就是对此事有个了结,这样我们才能继续前进。比起不断讨论重命名对项目进度的延缓,犹豫不决带来的不确定性会对社区和市场带来更大伤害。

Communication has been an issue for us, as Darkcoin has quickly grown over the last 14 months. We have grown so fast that I couldn’t keep everyone in the loop at all times. We’re addressing this by moving all development coordination to Slack, which has already had a great positive impact on the project. Part of managing something that grows this quickly is addressing weak areas that can be improved, we believe moving to a platform that the whole development team can openly communicate on is key to that goal.
在过去的14个月中,暗黑币的快速成长使得我们在交流沟通中存在的问题。项目进展之快以至于我有时无法保证在第一时间通知所有人。而现在我们使用Slack来通过所有项目进展的协调工作,已经取得了非常不错的效果。在曾经的一些薄弱的环节上已经取得了很好的改善。我们相信在同平台上核心团队的畅所欲言是取得突破性成功的关键。

I do appreciate the support of the community on this and I apologize if there was poor communication on my part, this has been an extremely difficult subject to navigate and I have tried to do my best. I know mistakes have been done, this has been a very difficult time for me. But we have new tools in place, to prevent any future communication mistakes like this.
我真的非常感谢社区为重命名所做的贡献,如果我在沟通上有做的不尽如人意的地方,这里我向大家致歉。重命名对于我来说非常的困难,我也尽可能的做出了最大的努力。覆水难收,这段时间对我来说也十分不容易。但是通过使用新工具,我们已经有了好的解决办法,从而防止此类错误的再次发生。

DASH is just a name we still need to build our vision onto it and we need everyone’s support to push the project forward.
DASH仅仅只是一个名字,我们仍需要在其上实现我们的目标。为了它更好的发展,我们需要所有人的帮助与支持。

Over the next weeks we will be planning the name change and Logo Design work with the participation of the whole community, details regarding this will be revealed soon.
在随后的几星期,重命名和图标设计工作将邀请社区成员参与,更多细节将会近期公布。

Back