• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

NEW MEMBERS: Welcome to Dash! Introduce yourself...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello already Enlightened, hope there is still some room for a total cryptocurrency newbie! I've never owned a bitcoin or any cryptocoin in my life, but things are going to change. I'm excited about where DASH is headed!

The link does not work on the iPhone. Or at least mine. My Mac is in the shop. Hope to get her back manana.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

sorry
u are looking for iPhone Wallet ?
ja = no go (not available imo)

You gotta wait for your Mac - sorry

iphone and ipad are both iOS (same same)
no wallet imo - sorry :(
That's ok. I have both an android phone and an iPad.

This has been rather challenging. I'm very motivated and yet I'm on day 4 and have yet to put one dash or bit coin in a wallet yet. I've purchased items online for a decade, do online banking, pay bills, use PayPal ect ect ect, so I should be able to understand and pull this off.

There needs to be a new video that shows step by step how to take your average person with some dollars and a mobile device thru the whole process of becoming functional in the DASH currency. Pick the easiest platforms and mention them by name. Show the newbie going thru the steps. The quicker you enable people to accomplish the whole process the better. To be honest, the fact that I wanted to start my crypto journey with DASH, is probably why I'm struggling and got tripped up so much. Its difficult to convert US dollars to DASH right now. I finally had to join Coinbase, become verified, and then buy some btc, but this process will take 8 days before any btc will be placed into my coinbase account.

I have also got a Poloniex account, Mycelium, and started the verification process for Wesellcrypto. I was unsuccessful at using my iPad to get Electrum.

I'm writing the aforementioned simply to illustrate that I have been trying and I have put a lot of time into this journey. It should be much simpler to get somebody functioning with DASH than this. I can immediately see where some of this annual budget of 1.45 million should be going. We have to figure out how to get the product into the consumers hands easier.

PS.... I believe in this company, its governance, rapid transactions, and decentralized ideas. I plan on running a masternode soon. (I know, don't laugh too hard. After my struggles your probably laughing saying this guy has no chance! He can't even fund his account :)

mobile wallets are for 'quick change' and not as your 'bank' account
check the android wallet on google - that works well

u definitely need your computer back before stalking your coins for real !

iPad and electrum ?
no way - that will not work

nobody is laughing - the only dump one - is the one NOT asking !
nothing to worry about , we all started somewhere

reg MN
i run mine over a service as i am too dump to do it myself ! so ....:rolleyes:

mn services available
(ranging from all prices and services provided)
https://dashpay.atlassian.net/wiki/x/bYAc
(i am with holger)
yes , if you run a hosted MN you still vote on your wallet at home (as you keep control of the 1k Dash wallet and use that for voting)
keyword : untrusted aervice (as u do not have to trust anybody with your coins)

as for mobile wallets
on iPhone i am lucky as i run an old old version of the iOS Dash wallet - not available on iTunes anymore - fingers crossed that will be back soon / one day
on Android i run
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=hashengineering.darkcoin.wallet&hl=en

do not use mobile wallets as bank accounts ! only use them with 5-10 dash to be mobile and flexible but i do not suggest to use them as your dash savings account

hope this helps
keep asking otherwise ;)

Tungfa, one more question about the android wallet. Will it work seamlessly with Trevor? I planned on using a Trezor as the bank account

Tungfa, one more question about the android wallet. Will it work seamlessly with Trevor? I planned on using a Trezor as the bank account

Android Wallet + TREZOR ?
i doubt it

as far as i know and understand
electrum in general needs some work - we already talked about this and after 12.1 a dev will get onto that case
after 12.1 Electrum and TREZOR will work again (imo u have to use beta.satochilab....)

if you do not have a computer available
i would suggest
not to store huge amounts on phone
use Exodus for desktop - set that up on borrowed computer or something
(make sure you enable 2fa or something like that !!)

Ok, I finally own 1!DASH!

Thanks Tungfa, I was able to download and use the DASH wallet you suggested from Hash Engineering.
This provided me an address to send DASH to after I acquired it.
I used Wesellcrypto.com to convert dollars to DASH and this was instant (well it to a couple moments to complete the transaction) and walla! The DASH was in my DASH wallet! Wesellcrypto is the only place have been able to find that converts dollars to DASH at this point. Its a very good site.
I've backed up my wallet with an sd microdisc card, password protected, and placed a PIN code within my wallet to be able send the DASH out of my wallet.

Welcome to the 21st century for me!

Greetings,

I'm a software developer by trade. Though my main line of job is unrelated to cryptocurrencies,
I've taken great interest in Bitcoin since early days. I used to maintain a CMake port of the bitcoin client for some time in 2010, but that got abandoned due to lack of interest.
Recently I've been looking at Dash with interest, especially for its attempt at solution to governance and the public goods problem, and finally, decided to get involved.
Hope to implement some cool ideas here soon.

Cheers,
Dimitri

Greetings,

I'm a software developer by trade. Though my main line of job is unrelated to cryptocurrencies,
I've taken great interest in Bitcoin since early days. I used to maintain a CMake port of the bitcoin client for some time in 2010, but that got abandoned due to lack of interest.
Recently I've been looking at Dash with interest, especially for its attempt at solution to governance and the public goods problem, and finally, decided to get involved.

Cheers,
Dimitri

welcome

Greetings,

Cheers,
Dimitri
Well you can always propose your ideas and submit a budget proposal to be incentivised :)
Great to hear DASH has your interest too.

AFAIK andorid wallet by @HashEngineering does not support trezor but the mycellium does :) you simply choose your "offline wallet" and use "Sign with Trezor" :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back