• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

New “Getting Started” Section for Newcomers

eduffield

Core Developer
One of our main goals going forward is to raise awareness about the advantages of digital currencies and the Dash project. We felt our website dashpay.io was really missing a lot of information on the project, so that newcomers either to the world of crypto or to the community could easily understand what we are doing and what are the main advantages and differentiators of Dash.

Up until now you really needed to be a part of the community and do a lot of research on forums to understand the concepts behind Dash, which could an obstacle for new users and the general public. That is why we decided to create a new section of the website where we could land newcomers, so they could learn about cryptocurrency and Dash in an easy way.

We are happy to launch the new “getting started” section for newcomers:

https://www.dashpay.io/getting-started/

As we start to generate more traffic from our different activities is important to land people in a place where they can find all the information they need to get started.

We still feel our whole website needs a full revamp to give it the look, design and flow that our project deserves, work should start soon on a full website redesign. In the meantime, please enjoy this new content.

Special thanks to the team behind this project:

Minotaur
Babygiraffe
Kot

Thanks for all the hard work.

Great, just one comment, we wanted to put the content out there on the current dashpay.io site because we want people to have the information. Work on a full website redesign will start soon and then the site will look much more modern and professional.

I think this is a good start but I'll work on a more user friendly landing page over the next few days... eduffield I'll post a link to the first version in a few days.

I think this is a good start but I'll work on a more user friendly landing page over the next few days... eduffield I'll post a link to the first version in a few days.

Yes, we just wanted to put the information out there, because the video press release goes out tomorrow, but it would be awesome if you can help with a nicely designed landing page, even before the new website is ready.

Yes, we just wanted to put the information out there, because the video press release goes out tomorrow, but it would be awesome if you can help with a nicely designed landing page, even before the new website is ready.

That's a good idea. Better to have something than nothing at all. I'll keep the updates posted on this thread.

Amazing work!! I noticed a few small typos and stylistic inconsistencies. Nothing major, but the page will flow better with some minor changes:

Under "Getting Started - Dash Advantages" there should be a space between the paragraphs for consistency.

Under Two-Tier System heading, this:

“always on”,

should be:

"always on,"

Under "Well Defined Governance Model" there should be a space between the two paragraphs for the sake of consistency. Ditto under "Security."

Also under "Security," 2-tier should be two-tier for consistency.

Under "Global Infrastructure and Payments" the word "DASH" should just be "Dash" since "DASH" is the ticker symbol and not the name.

"Easier international trade" should be "Easier International Trade" since it's a heading.

The heading "New Business Opportunities." should lose the period, as should "Early Adopter Advantage as an Investment."

Under the "Early Adopter Advantage as an Investment" the first word of the first paragraph, Dash, should be possessive: Dash's...also "on their normal activities" should be "in their normal activities" and "growing up in value" should be "growing in value."

Last edited by a moderator:
Amazing work!!

One tiny thing...under Two-Tier System, this:

“always on”,

should be:

"always on,"

P.S. Also under "Well Defined Governance Model" there should be an extra space between the two paragraphs for the sake of consistency. Ditto under "Security." Also under "Security," 2-tier should be two-tier for consistency. Under "Global Infrastructure and Payments" the word "DASH" should just be "Dash" since "DASH" is the ticker symbol and not the name. "Easier international trade" should be "Easier International Trade" since it's a heading. The heading "New Business Opportunities." should lose the period, as should "Early Adopter Advantage as an Investment." Under the "Early Adopter Advantage as an Investment" the first word of the first paragraph, Dash, should be possessive: Dash's.

Thanks David, could you make a list of corrections and we can give them to Kot tomorrow, he already went to sleep.

Really nice work here. Flows really nicely, categories work well. Let's put this to the test now and send some folks here.

https://www.dashpay.io/getting-started/ is a great initiative.

I'd like it to be more concrete at times. It's meant for newcomers, correct, so for example when it says "fees are much lower than banks or credit cards" a breakdown of fees and a nice comparison chart would give a much better idea to a newcomer, no?

Hi All,
Thanks fro your feedback and improvement ideas.
All of them are already applied to the page.

Hi Kot, great work :) One more small edit on 'Low Fees':

"you don’t get charge a lot to use your own money"

Should read:

"you don’t get charged a lot to use your own money"

Also remove "." from the end of each heading:

"New Business Opportunities."

Should read:

"New Business Opportunities"

for example :)

Hope this helps, thanks again. Can't wait for the press release!

Walter

Walter - fixed. Thanks!
sangoku - this section is not meant to explain every technical detail of Dash but rather to provide reasonable information in "human language". There is a paragraph about the extended privacy.

Walter - fixed. Thanks!
sangoku - this section is not meant to explain every technical detail of Dash but rather to provide reasonable information in "human language". There is a paragraph about the extended privacy.

Ok, but the button "Start Darksend Mixing" is real.
For a noob or lambda, what's Darksend Mixing ?
Can I click or not ? Darksend ? For what ? Send my coins on the Darkweb ? It's dangerous ? ;-)
Without that the coins are not anonymized

Back