• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Need Help as Wallet does not open because I didn't create passphrase

liusek

Hello,
I just installed dash QT on my PC and wallet on an external drive.
As soon as it got installed, I created a wallet address, copyed it in a notepad and shutted down dashqt soft.

I did all this without encrypting wallet and creating any pastphrase.

I went to my my bitcoin wallet and sent BTC to my new fresh DASH address.... transaction got confirmed.
And when I try to open my DASH wallet it doen't open ! I have kind of windows popup not allowing me to open the wallet ! It says "impossible to get passphrase on database..."

Where is the problem ? Is it because I didn't create a passphrase ? Or may be because I changed default wallet location on installation steps ? can I restore it ?

Why dash wallet allowed me to se a wallet address before asking me to create passphrase? it is confusing

PLease help me !! Thanks

I went to my my bitcoin wallet and sent BTC to my new fresh DASH address.... transaction got confirmed.
This is not possible. And no sane BTC wallet would even allow you to do that, addresses are incompatible.
Which BTC wallet was it?

It says "impossible to get passphrase on database..."
There is no such message in Dash Core wallet. You must be running smth else, make sure you downloaded wallet from dash.org/wallets

This is not possible. And no sane BTC wallet would even allow you to do that, addresses are incompatible.
Which BTC wallet was it?

There is no such message in Dash Core wallet. You must be running smth else, make sure you downloaded wallet from dash.org/wallets
Which BTC wallet was it?

I did that using shapeshift !!

Error message is in french: and it tells the following:
Dashcore error
Impossible d'obtenir un verrou sur le repertoire de données D:\'my external drive)
Dashcore fonctionne probablement deja. Access refusé

I did that using shapeshift !!

Error message is in french: and it tells the following:
Dashcore error
Impossible d'obtenir un verrou sur le repertoire de données D:\'my external drive)
Dashcore fonctionne probablement deja. Access refusé
Ah, now it makes sense :)

The error in English is "Cannot obtain a lock on data directory %s. Dash Core is probably already running." i.e. you are trying to run wallet twice without closing previous one. Make sure the previous process didn't hang while trying to quit. Try killing the other process or rebooting your machine to clean it out.

Ah, now it makes sense :)

The error in English is "Cannot obtain a lock on data directory %s. Dash Core is probably already running." i.e. you are trying to run wallet twice without closing previous one. Make sure the previous process didn't hang while trying to quit. Try killing the other process or rebooting your machine to clean it out.

Problem solved !!

As my wallet was in a HDD drive and dashqt installed on my PC I just had to share the folder where my wallet was in my HDD with my PC. I just clicked right in the wallet folder and shared tab with my PC....

NO need to restart

Thanks for answering anyway Udjin !!

Back