Moolah files for bankruptcy, Mintpal's future unclear

fernando

Powered by Dash
Dash Core Team
Foundation Member
May 9, 2014
Now Moolah says they didn't own Mintpal, only managed it. They also say there is a new team of managers. They assure funds from clients are secure, but they seem to be talking about Moolah's clients, not Mintpal's. If you still keep something there, take your funds if are able, this looks worse every day that passes.

http://blog.moolah.io/2014/10/14/moolah-is-having-to-close-its-doors/

Sub-Ether

Mar 31, 2014
I got my 99 dark out just in time, thanks to warnings from people like coins101 and camosoul. Others are not so lucky, is it true the smaller holders seemed to be able to withdraw easier a few days ago?

fernando

Powered by Dash
Dash Core Team
Foundation Member
May 9, 2014
I just deleted Mintpal from darkcoin.io's list of exchanges and Moolah from the payment processors one.

pbleak

May 15, 2014
I got my 99 dark out just in time, thanks to warnings from people like coins101 and camosoul. Others are not so lucky, is it true the smaller holders seemed to be able to withdraw easier a few days ago?
I withdrew a fairly small amount a few days ago when they made the switch. Twitter is a good place for info if you want to see what people are able to do.

Ignition75

May 25, 2014
Australia
My GF had a few thousand NAUT on there which she got out just in time and I had a massive I told you so moment cause we always argued about her leaving coins on exchanges.

Reactions: Sub-Ether

fernando

Powered by Dash
Dash Core Team
Foundation Member
May 9, 2014
My GF had a few thousand NAUT on there which she got out just in time and I had a massive I told you so moment cause we always argued about her leaving coins on exchanges.
Other couples argue about the remote. Crypto couples do so about NAUT in an exchange :)

Reactions: Ignition75

Ignition75

May 25, 2014
Australia
Other couples argue about the remote. Crypto couples do so about NAUT in an exchange :)
So true... Over dinner tonight, we were speaking about whether or not the chap running LTC Gear really has an x11 FPGA or he has a GPU farm that's paid itself off + cheap electricity...

Crypto couple indeed :D

Reactions: fernando

mattmct

Mar 13, 2014
Now I'm feeling very sick.

I am unfortunate / dumb enough to have most of my dark at mintpal. 1,577.08211476 DRK .. I did a withdrawal request a few hours ago, status is reporting a transaction id by the looks of it, but nothing in the block chain.

pbleak

May 15, 2014
Wow, a lot of DRK. There seems to be some movement with coins on the Bitcointalk thread so there is hope.

mattmct

Mar 13, 2014
Wow, a lot of DRK. There seems to be some movement with coins on the Bitcointalk thread so there is hope.
Yeah it's most of my coins :/ I put in into dark a while back. I'm following the thread there. Seems to be somewhat random. I can only hope it is going in batches, and I missed the batch where they got their coins..

pbleak

May 15, 2014
Yeah it's most of my coins :/ I put in into dark a while back. I'm following the thread there. Seems to be somewhat random. I can only hope it is going in batches, and I missed the batch where they got their coins..
They are doing it manually one by one. It'll happen, but slowly. You just got to gets lucky.

pbleak

May 15, 2014
I waited longer during the last one and got my coins so hope for sure.

elgringo

Sep 23, 2014
I really hope that mintpal won't become a run on the bank situation.
and that the mintpal rumors won't turn into a self fulfilling prophecy.

mattmct

Mar 13, 2014
Happy you did :)
Time to celebrate by setting up a masternode !
Cheers man, much appreciated. Call it a lesson learned. I concider myself to be very lucky. Those coins could have been as good as gone.

YES! Another 1.5 masternodes coming up,...oh wait. 1 masternode haha