• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Monero Exploit

Is Monero Doomed?

• Yep.

Votes: 8 61.5%
  • Nope.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No idea, good time to buy.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No idea, sold all the Monero I owned.

Votes: 3 23.1%
  • It's like playing roulette until Tuesday.

Votes: 2 15.4%

• Total voters

Propulsion

The buck stops here.
So a bitcointalk forum user "BitcoinExpress" has decided to destroy the Monero currency within a 72 hour period.

Naturally the price has plummeted after he posted his threat. What do you think, is it possible that Monero and all cryptonote coins have a fatal unrealized flaw?

As far as I understood BitcoinExpress has offered a fix but it looks like the monero devs didnt take him serious.

If they do fix it some risk-takers will do well though I think the very fact it had such an exploit at all will always haunt it.

If they do fix it some risk-takers will do well though I think the very fact it had such an exploit at all will always haunt it.
If it's true what he says, fixing it will void moneros anonymity feature. This is a killer if true.

Yes it would be. Buying Monero before Tuesday is similar to playing roulette. I'm undecided.
So, after all, Monero can't be a scary rival to DRK?

No, Darkcoin is total different technology.
What if someone somewhere somehow can find a way to break Darksend, even after Evan has fixed all bugs and loopholes he knows? (I guess he will just have to keep fixing bugs until it's 1000% secure?) :)

So, after all, Monero can't be a scary rival to DRK?

What if someone somewhere somehow can find a way to break Darksend?

Well that will be the thing one day
What happens if !
Honestly if we really want to show the world how anonymous (and hardcore) we are
we would throw out a Bounty for anybody to try to track one of our transactions !!!
(maybe not now, but that would be the real test, and great PR !!)

Well that will be the thing one day
What happens if !
Honestly if we really want to show the world how anonymous (and hardcore) we are
we would throw out a Bounty for anybody to try to track one of our transactions !!!
Ya, I think it will happen once the bugs have been fixed and DS is open sourced.

Seconded. Great idea for a PR-contest!

Back