• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

MNO’s! Get paid for what you are doing anyway!

Biltong

Final call for Evaluators!

15 Dash pm

Applications close 31 May

New Pre-Proposals are evaluated. Evaluator posts a Report. The Report is very short – just 8 numbers actually, but you will also comment on shortcomings. As the Proposal Originator adjusts her/his proposal to get higher marks you will adjust the relevant marks on the Report. In this way the Evaluators assist with fine-tuning Pre-proposals to as high a level as possible.

The Reports get rid of scammers and incompetents and saves us from wasting Dash on nonsense, and they also enable a prioritized short list which makes the community/MNO’s lives easier.

You will be given guidelines on how to mark a Pre-Proposal – see here https://goo.gl/bIydYX
Application here: https://goo.gl/qiZx30

Disclaimer: You will not be paid the 1st month, but the 2nd month you will get 15 Dash (if the PEC gets funded). After that we’ll have a look at the amount of work/hours and get recommendations from thedesertlynx re fair payment.

Proposal Evaluation Committee: https://goo.gl/Ug3uvD

Last edited:
Biltong, I would like to apply to be an Evaluator. I'm wary that the job might potentially occupy all of my free time, and if so I wonder whether 15 Dash is sufficient to reimburse my time. Nevertheless, I am interested.

If the PEC gets funded, then please spend some of those funds on an improved Web interface for the applicantation process... just give us a web-page please, ... as I find it tedious to edit a document!!!

I'll apply tomorrow and see what happens.

Last edited:
I think evaluators are good but maybe not for proposals. I'd rather see evaluators on proposals that pass and have them keep detail on where money goes and is spent and make sure everything all checks out and everyone agrees like "yes I got paid that much to do this job". The accounting team for Dash, so we know where the money is going and that it isn't just thrown around loosely (or partial corruption). I think the current evaluators we have (aka masternodes) are good enough to judge these proposals but the problem lies with how the money is spent.

But I also do feel as the proposal system is soon to be competitive, so I think we are soon to see people competing on who does the best job to get paid the most. so in a way this system may not be needed entirely. But who knows

... I'd rather see evaluators on proposals that pass ...
Yep - See PEC Road Map Summary https://goo.gl/TD6dtw Phase 3: "
"Investigate a solution for monitoring of accepted proposals."
One step at a time ;)
Quite a bit of MNO input about that already - might be looking at a Phased Gate approach - something like a comptroller paying Proposals in stages as goalposts are reached... Don't want to pre-empt anything - Still to be investigated

But keep the feedback coming - always welcome - does good

Last edited:
Mizzy Just generated an idea:
Break complex proposals up into superblock (time) sized chunks and each one is simply another proposal.
But - back to Phase 1...

In response to proposals being paid as goalpost are reached:

well one of my ideas was to actually be able to be the "middle man" that would take proposal funds and be able to give payments out to businesses wether it be daily/weekly/monthly and that way we could even receive payments back or stop payments for any reason.

But I personally ended up not liking the idea myself, funding businesses is not the way we should go. I think of us as our own business, we need to work on our systems and that way businesses will end up implementing us regardless.

I think the only proposals that should be funded are those who plan on coming back for more. That way they have a motivation to do their best, the better job they do the more proposal funds are rewarded to them. I think that is the best solution to the problem of people who end up taking proposal funds and don't come through with what they say. Funding several trusted sources is the way to go.

@Biltong, I've submitted my application via e-mail. I'm wary of my time-constraints, but am enthusiastic about being involved.
Excellent! Yep - time constraints are going to be a mayor problem. After this 1st test we'll have a better idea of how long an average evaluation will take and we'll be able to plan better - re number of pre-proposals an evaluator can handle realistically. It's bound to be a rough month :eek:

Back