• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Merchant uses for Darkcoin

adhitthana

Is there much focus yet on getting Darkcoin into the broader economy. Or is it not the time?
What about something like Coinkite...https://coinkite.com/faq/alts
I would certainly throw some coins in to get on there.

I think that was the thing that really got Blackcoin moving

Yeah, from past mistakes, in this day and age, if a coin is not fully backed by smartphone apps, wallets, dandy nice website and all that jazz... hard enough with BTC, and LTC walks in its shadows... let them plough the way of micro-transactions, while DRK ploughs away the MEGA transactions :p

Too much attention on this latter option is not good! For example, I can see Amazon being subpoenaed in lifting t1.micro instances and money laundering charges to server admins through the credit card info in Amazon! I don't know the full story, but look at Charlie Shreen! A 20 something year old entrepreneur coder... I find it hard to believe a kid so smart would do something so dumb, after all that hard work and dedication! Everything points to his innocence (they let him attend the BTC film premiere for example, so no risk in fleeing!)

Its all about market cap. Big money transfers will not rely at all on the marketing side. The techy side, once proven, is more than enough for adoption. These people have their lenses on the entire eco-system.

So DRK has some time to develop the branding for itself. When market cap shoots to the moon, the rest comes naturally.

What we need is a SOLID community, like doge managed to. Any merchant already accepting cryptos will accept DRK in a flip of a button. Its the others who need convincing, and IMHO, dark coin is not the way... dark.... anonymous ... silk road. It will take some time for the name to loose its "negative" perception and acquire an identity of its own... like any band name.
Seriously? Radiohead, The Smashing Pumpkins? ... after a while and "use", names acquire an identity of its own, and could even play out for the better as an decentralised option.

Think local, act local. Be an "evangelist" for cryptos, but not too passionate, I fell for that and made me look stupid. Try to convince just ONE merchants to accept unofficially, send him some love to his wallet, he gets it, adopts it, then other will follow!

But, with so many regulatory nightmares, DRK could shoot itself in the foot without market cap to support it.

Once its there, no one will care what its called.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back