• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Masternode stopped

Gi01

Hello

I just opened my first MN and i was very proud of being able to do that following the guide.

Too bad that after 3 days it stopped without a reason and i don't know what to do, not even where to check

If i grep my ip from putty i get "error: couldn't connect to server" and in fact i am not on the list

The daemon is up and running (check with putty)
The dash wallet is running
The protocol is 11.2.17 (i opened the node on Sunday, so no protocol update)
The VPS looks like it's running (Vultr) and there are other Vultr-account running (I see they have almost the very same IP)
I tried to restart the MN and i get an error from the console, impossible to reach my MN's IP

So it's like the IP is down while in fact, according to Vultr, it isn't. Obviously I am somehow wrong somewhere. May i get some help?

Cheers

G.

Ok, nevermind. It was the dash-qt.exe that for some reasons stopped. I had to restart it from scratch

Given that I opened a topic... any idea of why the node stopped without apparent reason?

Ok, nevermind. It was the dash-qt.exe that for some reasons stopped. I had to restart it from scratch

Given that I opened a topic... any idea of why the node stopped without apparent reason?
Your VPS can also restart by host, so masternode is stopped if you do not have autorestart in your VPS settings.

Any help on how to setup it (I am using Tao's guide) is very appreciated

EDITED Darkcoin -> Dash.

If you know how to use nano you can follow these directions to create an auto-restart for your MN on the server in case of an auto-reboot by Vultr

I forget who posted this on BCT - I was at work when I seen it and quickly emailed it to myself
-----------------------------------------------------

Amazon updates and reboots instances all the time, so be sure to have your cron job set up to start darkcoind on startup so you don't miss any time. It's super easy! ...:

cd /etc/cron.d

crontab -e
2 (for nano)
at bottom of newly created file, insert:

@reboot /usr/bin/dashd [to start masternode (or wherever you keep your daemon)]
---------------------------------------------------------

That should really help you out :) on auto-reboots :)

Nothing to help with joe (nano looks a little more intimidating, but i assume it's a problem of mine to solve :))

Back