• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Masternode ping arrived too early - message

HashEngineering

While I am working on a java implementation of InstantX, I have my java service listening for MasternodePings and MasternodeBroadcasts.

After loading all the masternodes, then this warning message is triggered, which originally from:

Line 644 of masternode.cpp:
Code:
LogPrint("masternode","CMasternodePing::CheckAndUpdate-Masternodepingarrivedtooearly,vin:%s\n",vin.ToString());

On an SPV client, I don't want to receive millions of Pings that are early. Bandwidth isn't free in some cases.

So, there are some options
1. when the "inv" message comes in, I can only request the MasternodePings that are new (the hashes don't match any hashes of MasternodePings that I have seen). This will cut out most of the data transferred.
2. There is some message that I can send to a node that says, I don't want to keep receiving the same MasternodePings that I have already.
3. Some other way based on code I don't know about.

Anyone have any answers for me?

UPDATE: This warning was showing up because I left out a !

My Code for line 596 was:
Code:
if(pmn->IsPingedWithin(MASTERNODE_MIN_MNP_SECONDS-60,sigTime))

instead of:
Code:
if(!pmn->IsPingedWithin(MASTERNODE_MIN_MNP_SECONDS-60,sigTime))

Last edited by a moderator:
re Update: So, is everything ok?
I guess it should be, because pings and broadcasts should already use inv system which by design checks if this message hash is known first and should send the actual data only if hash is unknown and data was requested.

Back