• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Masternode payment lost?

hookbot

I sent my 1000 Dash to my wallet last November.
I immediately setup my Masternode using dashman.
I thought everything was installed correctly and working fine.
But on December 12, 2017, I noticed I still hadn't been paid.
Here is what my console showed for dashman status:

dashd current difficulty : 76390819.158631
masternode started : YES
masternode visible (local) : YES
masternode visible (ninja) : YES
masternode address : XnRArArksQMJTE57notCyJi2z3RcJEcjDH
masternode funding txn : f48d381590a51713fe9a726291e257d3cd9c7f0f0e3c974db07a7807feeba10d-7
masternode queue/count : 87/4616 (selection pending)
masternode mnsync state : MASTERNODE_SYNC_FINISHED
masternode network state : ENABLED
masternode last payment : never
masternode balance : 1000.000000000
sentinel installed : YES
sentinel tests passed : YES
sentinel crontab enabled : YES
sentinel online : YES

The "87/4616" was glowing in pink.

So I went into my Dash-QT client and clicked the [Start all] button in the [My Masternodes] tab.

I don't think that helped very much. The queue/count restarted but someone forgot to send me a payment. What a horrible bug in this whole system, eh? I've been waiting as hard as I can. Now it has been 3 weeks and I still haven't gotten any payment. How can this possibly happen? Do I have to start all over again??

Sorry, this is my first time trying to do this masternode but it seems far more complicated than I thought it would be.

I've also completely restarted my dashd, but that didn't seem to give me my payment that I deserved either.

Dude - bad move! You were about to be selected and you issued a start command which sent you back to the end of queue.... "selection pending" in dashman means you are eligible for selection, I guess dashman turns it pink to highlight that to you. You'll have to wait again. If you masternode is showing ENABLED then everything is fine - don't micromanage it and it will work just fine if your hardware is up to scratch.

Oh drats! Will I have to start ALL over and wait the 2 weeks again just because I touched the [Start] button? Or will it just be the normal 7ish days waiting cycle like all the other masternodes?

Expect a payment between 6 and 12 days after start. There is some randomness in the selection, so don't give up if it takes longer. There is also a possibility of a double or skipped payment, but this is very very unlikely, did not happen to me the last 3 years.

Oh drats! Will I have to start ALL over and wait the 2 weeks again just because I touched the [Start] button? Or will it just be the normal 7ish days waiting cycle like all the other masternodes?
There are more and more masternodes now and I rarely get a payout in less than 8 days, often it is more than that.

Hi, ours also take around two weeks to receive payments after issuing a start command. Currently, payments are issued every 7-8 days.

Keep in mind, that the new versions of dashd require more RAM than the previous, pre .12 ones. When the server runs out of memory, the masternodes may appear to be up, but are not able to process anything in time. We had to upgrade the host and allocate at least 4GB of RAM per instance after upgrading dashd.

Back