• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Masternode partially and now full off list

Figlmüller

Hello,

I am experiencing some problems with one of my masternodes. It has been online for more than 15 weeks now.
At first (about two weeks ago) payments weren't listed on dashninja, but at the blockchain. Also the node was listed 100% active on that monitoring site.
Since a few days the said masternode isn't listed on dashninja at all and is not listed in the masternode list (by accessing the dash-cli there are only about five in that list).
The daemon itself does not display any errors, also the logfiles are as usual.

Any way to fix this?

You may consider adding a bit more info so others can help you.

The most important pieces would be the log file(s) and the public key.

Did you accidentally spend the initial 1000 DASH? (It happens.)

What happens when you try to run masternode start command?

Hi,

Due to our security policy I was not able to provide addresses, etc.

No, I did not accidentally spent the masternode fee. We use cold (paper) wallets. The Node hasn't been touched since summer (except for system updates).

I solved the problem by clearing peers, the local blockchain, other cached data and issuing another "masternode start" command (which I was trying to avoid).

I still wonder why it only received payments according to the blockchain but not dashd (dashninja says so) and why it eventually went fully off the list (but not offline) a few weeks later.
The logs do not provide any information related to errors, neither does the output of the getinfo command (Error field empty). Other nodes still work fine.

I'll make sure to update this thread once weird stuff happens again.

Back