• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Marketing is everything

Dashmaximalist

i am sort of newbie to dash and i love what you guys are doing here and think dash has the best chance of going mainstream , but there are many challenges here are my thoughts and observations , feel free to comment

First thing first currency is nothing unless its widely accepted , so unless something is widely accepted it obviously cant be a currency per se

right now most cryptos are focused on adding some kick ass new feature and hoping that markets would take it up just like that , the good thing about dash is we have budget allocated for marketing which is a great thing if you ask me , but we obviously cant rest on this laurel , currency is a winner takes all game.

the ten commandments for success

winner takes all in the currency game , so marketing is everything

unless you have 100 million users and 100 billion market cap , no body gives a shit about your fancy new feature

we need a solid super strong marketing team , we need a marketing team is that is 10x more powerful than the dev team right now we have marketing team is 10x weaker

the whales of dash should give up some of their wealth to hire super strong marketing , hire people from microsoft , amazon , and even amway :)

create a new separate entity for marketing and fund it heavily with monthly budgets and donations from the whales , this new entity will promote the dash evolution wallet and will pay $10 to everyone who downloads it verifty their phone number , verifies their face using facial recognition ( cough ..check humaniq) , give $5 for those who refer others , we need 100 million downloads asap like in 1 year max

once we have 100 million users all the other things will fall in place , krakens and coinbase and hell even big bitcoiners will come to us instead of other way around

masternode are essentially board of directors , what missing is executive board
Hire a CEO who is good with things , instead of fooling around without proper organisational structure and without clarity for masternodes

be scared of other coins , the day bitcoin hits 100 billion in market cap , its almost too late , so we dont have too long

why not donate million dollar per year for wikipedia, if they put pay with dash on their yearly donation donation thing, this alone would give us super super marketing coverage

decrease the miner payout over time and increase the marketing payout , it just makes sense
https://www.dash.org/forum/threads/...and-use-that-for-marketing.14072/#post-120417

LAST BUT NOT LEAST , i think the whole of cryptoworld wrongly focuses on the devloped world , i can bet that cryptos wont go mainstream in the developed world where things are working fine , we should focus on developing countries like Africa , Lat-am, South east Asia espcially in countries like venezuala , why not give $10 for everyone who downloads our wallet ( use OTP and facial recognition )
only this way dash can go global

Last edited:
Reactions: Nyk
double posting is not nessacery / u made your point about the miner payout

i do not agree to that (miners)
u know how much it cost to buy hardware ? u know how much the returns are for them ?
the minerabare as much important as the MN to keep the network on track - ether "reduce " (and again : i do not agree) none or both

double posting is not nessacery / u made your point about the miner payout

i do not agree to that (miners)
u know how much it cost to buy hardware ? u know how much the returns are for them ?
the minerabare as much important as the MN to keep the network on track - ether "reduce " (and again : i do not agree) none or both

If mining is so expensive why not simply by the shares? How expensive is it.

If mining is so expensive why not simply by the shares? How expensive is it.

miners receive 45% of block payout share
why do u say "they " are so expensive ?
i do not understand !
miners are the backbone for the network (without them there is no network in PoW !!)
masternode get 45% as of PrivateSend and InstantSend (as important but still a feature and not the basics )

"buy shares " ??
as in cloudmining shares ?
u have to remember that 90% of all (cloudmining are scams - they might pay u , but only on the price / market going up - most pretend to run actually mining farms - he very careful in that space !)

for a secure network you need good / solid miners ! u can not "outsource" that (+ 100% centralisation issues)

I am not saying give nothing to miners i am saying give them less , what's the issue with that

Imagine twice as much money to marketing

winner takes all in the currency game , so marketing is everything

unless you have 100 million users and 100 billion market cap , no body gives a shit about your fancy new feature

we need a solid super strong marketing team , we need a marketing team is that is 10x more powerful than the dev team right now we have marketing team is 10x weaker

the whales of dash should give up some of their wealth to hire super strong marketing , hire people from microsoft , amazon , and even amway :)

masternode are essentially board of directors , what missing is executive board
Hire a CEO who is good with things , instead of fooling around without proper organisational structure and without clarity for masternodes

be scared of other coins , the day bitcoin hits 100 billion in market cap , its almost too late , so we dont have too long

why not donate million dollar per year for wikipedia, if they put pay with dash on their yearly donation donation thing, this alone would give us super super marketing coverage

decrease the miner payout over time and increase the marketing payout , it just makes sense
https://www.dash.org/forum/threads/...and-use-that-for-marketing.14072/#post-120417

LAST BUT NOT LEAST , i think the whole of cryptoworld wrongly focuses on the devloped world , i can bet that cryptos wont go mainstream in the developed world where things are working fine , we should focus on developing countries like Africa , Lat-am, South east Asia espcially in countries like venezuala , why not give $10 for everyone who downloads our wallet ( use OTP and facial recognition )
only this way dash can go global

I strongly disagree that with currency, winner takes all. It just doesn't. Otherwise, we'd all be using the same currency, wouldn't we? There can be lots of successful cryptos that get used for currency. I happen to think Dash will be the best of course.

I very strongly agree that the crypto world in general, and Dash in particular, will blow up and catch on fire (in a good way) when we enable people in the developing world to use an easy and dependable e-currency as an alternative to their crappy local fiat.

I don't think we have to get too excited about oodles more marketing until we have a functional Evolution with a slick and easy GUI on any smart phone and any computer. Until then, we would just frustrate all these new users you want.

There are different fiat currencies because there are many countries , internet is just one country , think of amazon vs others , i predict the successful currency would take 95% of the market and rest would be those niche ones like say file storage or something like that

I dont understand whats this obsession with evolution , the only i see is this wallet address and recovery key , yes they are good features , but the most important thing obviously is marketing

please understand goolge and facebook are just waiting to roll their crpyto , before they do that ,we need to cross atleast 500 billion in market cap asap for them to not purse this option , so i would say we should put extreme focus on marketing , even at the cost of couple of cool new features

"please understand goolge and facebook are just waiting to roll their crpyto , before they do that ,we need to cross atleast 500 billion in market cap asap for them to not purse this option , so i would say we should put extreme focus on marketing , even at the cost of couple of cool new features"

Well, that's what the rumors say. Have you seen any evidence to support that rumor? The banking industry put a big pot of money together to make their own crypto and put us and bitcoin out of business. It flopped and the money was utterly completely wasted.

Do I want Dash to grow fast and help the whole world? Absolutely I do. Am I afraid that Google will just swoop in next week and replace us and Dash goes to zero? Nope.

And don't forget, we have better marketing than all the other cryptos put together. I agree that our marketing effort is modest at the moment, but it will be there when we need it. And it will scale easily by orders of magnitude. It will scale virally.

There are various leading indicators for when a commodity is going to go up in value. I'll give you a fantastic one--for free. Go make a graph of how many times each new episode of DashDetailed with Amanda B. Johnson gets watched in the first week after publishing.

When that graph suddenly shoots up from 2,500 to 3,200 to suddenly >10,000 views in the first week, we're going to the moon.

I hope dash has best chance of success as i put all my eggs in it

Having said that i am genuinely scared of Google giving $10 free Google coin to every smart phone holder on earth ,how can we beat that

The only to do that is have a proper and solid marketing strategy If not we just won't make it i am afraid

Remember copying even best crypto is a fork away the only value of a coin is its network

We need to move and move fast

Marketing is folly when you're promoting vaporware. It creates an expensive cry-wolf scenario that leads to people ignoring you even when you do get it right.

DASH is functionally vaporware. You'll draw hits, then fail to convert, lose the lead, and they'll be left with a bad taste in their mouth that makes it harder to draw them back a second time, if ever.

DASH is currently doing this in the worst way imaginable to half of it would-be user base; vendors. Lets not make it even worse by alienating even more of them just because you want to buy a pump...

Well that rightly said as one can even notic the population is high and also the penetration of technology is high in developing countries which can be a better target if focused rightly.

Back