• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Making it easier for non-techies to own a Masternode...

thelonecrouton

Foundation Member
Suggestion to make it easier to offer MN admin services to people without the skill/confidence to run their own:

Two lines in darkcoin.conf, with appropriate functionality: "admin address=<admin cut address>" and "adminpercentage=<x%>"

So, admin gets say 10% of each MN fee. Would have to be enough to cover running costs + a bit of profit to make the endeavour worthwhile.

Admin just gets the investor to run masternode genkey and send it to them. Investor never has to know admin DRK address as that's in the serverside conf. Admin hopefully wouldn't abuse the adminpercentage as investor would take their business elsewhere.

Masternodes start by themselves these days, you don't need to restart from the local wallet any more.

Both parties can view MN status/earnings via wallet/blockchain/chaeplin's and elbereth's sites.

No more laboriously talking people through cut and paste terminal operations.

Thoughts? I don't know how hard this would be to add to the codebase, but I think it might facilitate more Masternodes?

Last edited by a moderator:
Two lines in darkcoin.conf, with appropriate functionality: "admin address=<admin cut address>" and "adminpercentage=<x%>"

I think adding the possibility to add an address to which coins are send without user interaction would open a BIG security hole.
It's like having a wallet without passphrase: every trojan/virus who ends on your computer could change it and you would most probably never notice it.

Suggestion to make it easier to offer MN admin services to people without the skill/confidence to run their own:

Much easier: ask someone to do it for you, it's easier and better, and you can still send your 10% to his/her address.

See what fellow forum member yidakee offers: https://darkcointalk.org/threads/yi...tup-services-ghostplayer-on-bitcointalk.1633/

Fair point about security, yeah if someone gained access to the conf file on the server they could modify it and restart the daemon. It would need another privkey and associated checks - probably more trouble that it's worth.

I run my own MN's... wasn't thinking of myself... ;D

edit: wonder if I inspired flare's new service? :grin:

Last edited by a moderator:
Back