• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

lost Dash

Drazen

Hi,

my windows removed somehow dash wallet. After reinstall wallet I try to restore it from backups ( saved backups), but it wont work. It's just now 0.00 DASH. How can I restore my wallet amount?

Do you see wallet.dat.DATE files in backup folder?

Yes. And I did this, as it shows in instructions:

Backup Format
The backups are one-to-one copies of your existing wallet.dat with a timestamp as extension, e.g. wallet.dat.2015-05-07-21.51

To restore a missing or corrupt wallet.dat file just rename it back to wallet.dat and copy it into Dash's data directory.

Attention: stop the wallet before you restore the wallet.dat file. Restoring while the wallet is still running will corrupt wallet.dat!

But still I have 0.00 coins in my wallet

Try to rescan the blockchain for missing transactions using the wallet tools:

upload_2017-4-21_10-8-31.png

Try to rescan the blockchain for missing transactions using the wallet tools:

View attachment 3348

I did it. Still nothing.
In C:\Users\dr\AppData\Roaming\DashCore\chainstate there are only new data, not before windows refresh/reinstall. I only have backap files before reinstall windows, but still when I use it,it is still 0.00 coins in the wallet.

But in C:\Users\dr\AppData\Roaming\DashCore\blocks there are some files from the date before reinstall windows.

Last edited:
When you rename backup-ed wallet.dat and copy it to C:\Users\dr\AppData\Roaming\DashCore\ is OS asks to replace current wallet.dat? It's a confirmation that's all correct. Can you try to use older backup file?

When you rename backup-ed wallet.dat and copy it to C:\Users\dr\AppData\Roaming\DashCore\ is OS asks to replace current wallet.dat? It's a confirmation that's all correct. Can you try to use older backup file?

Yes, I tried that too. Nothing changes. Like you said, I rename the older backap to wallet.dat - I remove the date, overwrite file in dashcore folder, start wallet and nothing changes.

Do you see the transactions you did before in the transactions tab?

Do you have a C:\Users\dr\AppData\Roaming\Dash folder? Is there a wallet.dat file? (try that one) (windows doesn't remove files)

Back