• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Lost Darkcoin Ubunt Install, Can I Restore?

jopcloud

I'm admittedly new to Ubuntu, but I've not had any problems with other crypto wallets until now. I built the wallet and got it to run, but I shut it down before it synced because I had to get get to an appt. Now I can't figure out how to launch the wallet and it looks like some files are missing. All my other wallets have a folder under Home, and Dark did too at one point. Now that folder (that matches the files on GitHub) is gone, but I do have the ./darkcoin folder with blocks, chainstate, and database folders, and a few other files, including the wallet.dat file. Is there a way to restore this wallet? As soon as I confirmed it was built and executable, I sent some coins to it, but they're unconfirmed because I can't run the wallet now.

Any help is appreciated.

Last edited by a moderator:
I saved a copy of my wallet.dat file to a thumb drive, just in case, then I simply reinstalled the qt wallet per your instructions here.
Code:
cd ~/.darkcoin
wget http://www.darkcoin.io/downloads/rc/darkcoin-qt
chmod a+x ./darkcoin-qt
sudo ln -s ~/.darkcoin/darkcoin-qt /usr/bin/darkcoin-qt

Ran the qt wallet, and it loaded and synced just fine - and I got my coins!

Thanks for checking in about this. This is a nice community and coin. I wish nautiluscoin had something like this: their wallet is very picky with dependencies and there's hardly any tech support.

Josh

Back