• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Lost coins due to a old backup

Loone

I originally picked up some darkcoins, backed up the wallet.dat file and then promptly forgot about them. Then awhile back I loaded the wallet.dat into an updated wallet, tried mixing and sent a chunk of coins to masternode.me to invest in a shared master node. Well I then promptly forgot about it again assuming the original wallet.dat file would be good enough. I've now learned that the mixed coins are now gone and there is nothing I can do about that. My question is if I have the original wallet.dat and the address that was used to send to masternode.me can I re-associate the address with the wallet?

ja no
happened to me too
after mixing you need to save - backup that wallet.dat which then had the new keys from mixing
if you only have the old wallet.dat (before mixing) your coins are gone as u do not have the new keys
(check your auto backup folder and hope for the best)

Yeah I've accepted that the mixed coins are gone. I wiped the computer the wallet was on and due to trim being enabled on the ssd's data recovery isn't an option. Is it possible to reassociate a sent address with the wallet? I'm more concerned with the coins thats I have in the shared masternode and they are tied to the sent address.

Yeah I've accepted that the mixed coins are gone. I wiped the computer the wallet was on and due to trim being enabled on the ssd's data recovery isn't an option. Is it possible to reassociate a sent address with the wallet? I'm more concerned with the coins thats I have in the shared masternode and they are tied to the sent address.

contact your shared master node service
tell them what is up and all good i imagine
if they send u coins to your (old) send / receiving address should still be all good - safety first - send them a new receiving (MN payments) address

Back