Welcome to the Dash Forum!

Please sign up to discuss the most innovative cryptocurrency!

Layout bugs

Discussion in 'Android' started by RealBitcoinClub, Sep 17, 2018.

1. RealBitcoinClub

RealBitcoinClub New Member

Both screenshots contain layout bugs.

Android 5.0

LG-K100

Attached Files:

• Informative Informative x 1
  2. RealBitcoinClub

Another bug: It looks like the code base of the dash copay wallet was copied from the bitcoin.com wallet and the NFC abilities were not updated to receive "dash:" requests but still receive "bitcoincash:" requests.

I would really like to take over the development of the Android App as @HashEngineering seems to be working on too many projects.

Why is the IPhone and Android App not being developed seperately by real experts for each OS?

Competing teams would raise the quality.

Attached Files:

• Informative Informative x 1
  3. tungfa

tungfa Administrator
    Dash Core Team Foundation Member Masternode Owner/Operator Moderator

sorry my mistake
    this is copay and hashengeneering is for Android Wallet (not copay)
    i will ping copay peeps onto this
    tx

4. RealBitcoinClub

Thanks so I would still offer to take over the Android Wallet development.

Developers who are not really passionate about the software they are building will never deliver A+ apps.

I have a lot of experience working as a freelancer in companies which pay their average developers an average salary for average work.

My results are always way over average and I am aiming for a 4.5+ stars app.

It always drives me crazy to see people working just for the paycheck not realizing their immense responsibility.

We are building the future of money can we please get passionate genius to develop that stuff?

All I need is the support of the community to pay me my monthly expenses of 1000EUR.

As a freelancer my hour costs 72.50 EUR which is 10,000+ each month but that is when I am not making history and I am just selling my time to banks or insurance companies.

I see it as an honor to build that wallet. Please give me a chance to prove my skills. I can even develop that wallet additionally to copay and you can see which one is more sexy in the end. My 1000EUR salary is like nothing to what I can deliver for that money.

5. strophy

strophy Administrator
    Dash Core Team Dash Support Group Moderator

Hi @RealBitcoinClub

The software is open source - why not put in a few pull requests for some of the bugs that have been listed here and see what the maintainers think of your code? I'm pretty sure if your work is as strong as your passion for quality apps, you would very quickly gain support by entering regular proposals in the proposal system or Dash Boost. Ongoing development of Dash Electrum is funded in the same way, this is how a DAO works ;)

• Like Like x 1
  6. RealBitcoinClub

@strophy Thank you, but I have enough of working with people who do not know how to write tests, I have done this for years, they produce bugs faster than i can cover their code with tests. There is a huge difference in my perception of the world and the perception of the others. I have limited time on this planet and I find it more useful to educate people on the philosophy of bitcoin and motivate people to finally go and spend their coins in the real life shops because that is the only reason why bitcoin was invented in the first place, to use it for payments, but still I see that most bitcoin users do not even realize their responsibility in that game to fight for our freedom.

How many of the bitcoin holders are actually actively promoting bitcoin? How many have not even introduced their family members to bitcoin? How many of them are spending their bitcoins in the shops of their neighborhood? And how many of them are on boarding real life shops? It is just sad too see how many people do not realize the immense power they would have if they would use their resources efficiently and if they would focus on the really important things.

It is obvious that the developers of most wallets do not use their own product regularly otherwise they would have found the bugs themselves. And it is obvious that they do not know how to develop high quality software as most developers are just too lazy to test their own product. Most of all developers do not even know how to setup a Continous Integration environment with automated tests and code analysis. It is the same story since 20 years, people focusing on making money just do what is necessary to get the money and they even let the client run into bugs so they can sell them additional upgrades.

I can not work in a team, I do not need a team, I work as fast as 5 people. If you think that the proof that I personally created the first BCH neighborhood in Barcelona within just 3 months (promoting and programming at the same time) and I am living exclusively on BCH since 5 months is not enough to proof my capabilities, then what shall I do to convince you that your money can be much more efficiently invested into me than into others? Isnt it proof enough what I did already for BCH to push real life adoption? DASH core group is spending 500k each month and I am asking for 1k, if they would have any sense of how the game really works they would just throw some money at me and see how it works out. But I will for sure not invest any energy if people can not see the potential I am offering and I have already proven my capabilities by creating Barrio Bitcoin in Barcelona.

Check http://bitcoinmap.world or download the Android App: http://therealbitcoin.club/android to see what I did within the past 6 months. All places which are not in Caracas have been on boarded by me personally. I held Meetups and I gave presentations in Spanish http://therealbitcoin.club/barriobitcoin and posted slides in English http://therealbitcoin.club/all-you-base-are-belong-to-bitcoin.

I released some plans to the DASH community on this forum, In the r/dashpay forum and I personally messaged some Moderators in the Discord but except for warm words, nobody was willing to actually support me or answer my questions, so why should a proposal work out?

I messaged Albert Arellanes last Monday and did not get any reply:

Ok, I added many places and the next day they were not available on discoverdash.com anymore, did you delete some about a week ago in Caracas?
    You can see on http://map.therealbitcoin.club/ that I have 39 spots in Caracas, which are all from http://discoverdash.com/ but I can not find many of these spots on discoverdash.com anymore.

Different Topic: Curently I am in Tarifa, Spain and I on boarded 5 shops in one day, all accepting BCH now, but I would also introduce them to DASH

So my idea was to have a Meetup but that makes no sense as I do not have enough time to promote it, I am constantly travelling and I am introducing many shops and users to DASH but making a meetup makes no sense to me

The personal conversation is my special skill, I can convince people to install the wallet and accept DASH with their own mobile without any payment processor

On the meetup page you say that you give $10 free DASH to all participants, I would like to give these $10 of DASH to random people on the street where I already convinced shops to accept DASH so they can directly go and spend it using http://map.therealbitcoin.club/ to find the places

If we can come to an agreement that I can donate $10 to the people I find on the street and then take a photo with them as proof, wouldnt that be a fantastic oportunity to grow DASH adoption?

It would also be so much easier to convince shop owners to use DASH if I can tell them that there are people around who want to spend their DASH in their stores
    I also messages Tao of Satoshi more than 2 weeks ago and did not get any reply:

Hey Tao I saw you on the first episode of DASH decentralized. I have developed a concept of NFC cards which allow merchants to charge the customers in a very comfortable way (I am currently creating a lighthouse.cash project to get it crowdfunded but maybe a DASH proposal would also be a good fit to offer it exclusively for DASH). But that doesnt work as the Android App appears not to support NFC. I also got in contact with HashEngineering and they did not respond to the Github issue for the last week. Is that a company or who is developing the Android Wallet? I would really like to add NFC because it makes the whole payment process so much more attractive and once the wallet supports NFC I can present the NFC cards I have developed for TRBC in a video which we could put into the new YT series DASH Decentralized. I am trying to understand how DASH is organized and how I can invest my energy in the most efficient way to get adoption going viral.
    Feliz-Barcelona-TRBC 09.09.2018

I already have printed 30 NFC cards and tested the product, people gave me very positive feedback on that concept. It is a NFC card which also has a QR code printed on each side, the merchant or the private user can choose which QR code they would like to have printed on the card. So I could promote that product with BCH on one side and DASH on the other side while the NFC chip would only support DASH or BCH. I could also promote the product for DASH exclusively as I do not have too much hope for the BCH community. It all depends on how much support I get from the community to get these products going. I have developed many strategies and I have earned a lot of experience on tactics in on boarding merchants during the past months. All I need is to get promoted with these products and the BCH leaders have not been very encouraging thats why I think that BCH is doomed anyway because these leaders will stick around and keep spreading their negative energy in the community. The DASH community has been very welcoming so far and the spirit seems to be much more positive. What do you think? Should i promote the product as DASH only to get more support in the community or is it ok to keep promoting BCH and DASH? As I really want to give a choice to the user and all I want is to spread bitcoin adoption, even if the BCH community is being led by some aggressive spirits their work might be valueable and the users are still users which I would like to support.​

7. strophy

strophy Administrator
    Dash Core Team Dash Support Group Moderator

Wow, thanks for the extensive reply! I can assure you all Dash releases undergo extensive testing against a huge range of platforms. This obviously includes CI unit tests. As high as your output may be, Dash Core functions as a team and developers who claim to be able to do everything themselves would not be a good fit - it creates too much dependency and centralisation around individuals, rather than teams and products. I strongly encourage you to seek funding from the treasury directly using the proposal system, and build a reputation for yourself through demonstrated commitment to community activities, merchant signups and a history of code commits.

It may sound harsh, but we have developers and PR people come here all the time asking to be funded and promising insane output. A million merchants signed up! Our advertising agency will make you a top 5 coin! Our programmers will take over your codebase and fix all the problems in a week! I take an optimistic and positive view towards these promises, but extraordinary claims require extraordinary proof, and building a reputation takes time. It needs to be done in this community, not in some other community like BCH. Start small, don't commit all of your time to Dash just yet, but "get your toes wet" with small requests and contributions and build it up over time. Try and focus on one thing - I'm still not clear if you want to work on Copay, Android, business development or writing manifestos ;) And again, like any organisation, work is paid on delivery, not in advance. There are simply too many people out there making enormous promises and then failing to deliver once the money has already been paid.

Good luck!

• Like Like x 1