• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

JP Morgan

Actually he made some very good points there:
- even Bitcoin (not to mention others) is still negligible comparing to banks (we are comparing trillions of $ to as much as hundreds of millions of $ moving in a single day i.e. it's less than tens of a percent)
- banks have enormous resources to hire the best professionals in the world starting from tech side of things and ending with politics
- governments will NOT give up their ability to control people by issuing currency and controlling its movements that easy and banks will NOT give up their streams of revenue that easy either (working together they will do their best to stop crypto starting from making banking more user-friendly and ending with making crypto illegal if that will be needed)

Not to bring depression or paranoia but this is something we all as a crypto community better be concerned of ahead of a time imo.

He might underestimate the power of permissionless disruptive nature of p2p techs though... Time will tell :rolleyes:

Actually he made some very good points there:
- even Bitcoin (not to mention others) is still negligible comparing to banks (we are comparing trillions of $ to as much as hundreds of millions of $ moving in a single day i.e. it's less than tens of a percent)(...)

That's what's exciting about our (DASH's, BTC's, etc) potential! When he mentioned "trillions, daily" I started daydreaming :wink:

(...)
- banks have enormous resources to hire the best professionals in the world starting from tech side of things and ending with politics
(...)

True, but still they cannot create a safe (decentralised) trustless blockchain. The bankers (and some bitcoiners seem to accept it) keep claiming that it is the blockchain that matters, and that the currency has got no importance... I guess they don't even know what they are talking about: I want to see their "successful currencyless (worthless) blockchain" going live :rolleyes: (unfortunatelly, what I can foresee is their untrusted networks still trapping some poor souls for a long time still)

(...)
- governments will NOT give up their ability to control people by issuing currency and controlling its movements that easy and banks will NOT give up their streams of revenue that easy either (working together they will do their best to stop crypto starting from making banking more user-friendly and ending with making crypto illegal if that will be needed)

Not to bring depression or paranoia but this is something we all as a crypto community better be concerned of ahead of a time imo.

He might underestimate the power of permissionless disruptive nature of p2p techs though... Time will tell :rolleyes:

Let them guv peeps come. I want to see them shutting a p2p network... If needed be, we'll go underground (and there's enough growing space for us there already) :cool:

remember: "this is just the beginning" :grin:

Last edited by a moderator:
Back