• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Jaxx Wallet Current Dash Address - "Address not seen on the network."

campers_delight

When in the Jaxx Wallet (iPad - IOS 10.2) and on the Dash tab it displays Your Current Dash Address: and an address. When I go to the Dash blockchain explorer (explorer.dash.org)and enter that address it says "Address not seen on the network." Nothing has been set to the address yet but I was checking to see if it is valid. Is this correct? Shouldn't i see a 0 balance.

If you haven't ever used the address then there is nothing to see on the network. All sounds correct. Post you public address and I will send you some Dash just so you can see it show up on the explorer. I will even use instant send coz I love that shiz!

If you haven't ever used the address then there is nothing to see on the network. All sounds correct. Post you public address and I will send you some Dash just so you can see it show up on the explorer. I will even use instant send coz I love that shiz!

DASH address - Xf3qp1vvM8TsdkmhvmUSFxuz13pPYUPqzw

Ok, i kinda thought that might be the case. I thought Jaxx would "hold" the address somehow. Do you know what keeps someone else from using that address?

Ok, i kinda thought that might be the case. I thought Jaxx would "hold" the address somehow. Do you know what keeps someone else from using that address?

I looked at the address because I am trying ccminer and used it as the address to send to.

The way it works is like this: mnemonic (12 words) -> seed (generated via bip39) -> extended pubkey (and privkey) -> address
All these "->" are secure one-way functions which can't be reversed i.e. only the one who know information on the left can generate information on the right, not the otherwise.
Your address (and pubkey) is just a destination and it can be used by anyone to send funds to.
On the other hand, funds can be spent only by someone who knows either mnemonic, or seed, or extended privkey. That's also why it's important to keep these pieces of information secure btw.

@UdjinM6

Is there a 1:1 relationship between an address and the private key?

In other words, does a wallet contain many private keys (one for each address)?

Or, is one private key able to generate multiple addresses?

@UdjinM6

Is there a 1:1 relationship between an address and the private key?

In other words, does a wallet contain many private keys (one for each address)?

Or, is one private key able to generate multiple addresses?
1 private key -> 1 public key -> 1 address
1:1:1

@UdjinM6 afik-.

jaxx owns the priv keys.

and promises dont steal you.
afaik it's not the case and keys are stored on the client side, that's also why there was recent "oh, keys are not secure" fake drama
@adiiorio can probably share more info about that or you can tweet to jaxx_io or jaxx_support with that question.

Hi guys I've a "similar" issue with address not seen on the network. I used it in my last transaction but nothing arrived (~1.5 DASH). Merchant confirmed the transaction though... HELP :)

Have you used a block explorer like https://chainz.cryptoid.info/dash/ to confirm the transaction? If, as you say, the address is not seen on the network, then a transaction with that address has not occurred.

You may need to provide us with additional information to be more helpful.

Have you used a block explorer like https://chainz.cryptoid.info/dash/ to confirm the transaction? If, as you say, the address is not seen on the network, then a transaction with that address has not occurred.

You may need to provide us with additional information to be more helpful.

I tried that too, shows me: no matching results.
I've done the transaction 3 hrs ago. Might it be that it takes longer to process and that I'm "panicking" too soon?
Sorry for the "newbie" questions, I'm quite new here... Never had this issue transferring Bitcoins (to breadwallet) though

Need more details about the transaction to be of assistance.

Did you send Dash? Or are you trying to receive Dash?

Need more details about the transaction to be of assistance.

Did you send Dash? Or are you trying to receive Dash?

:) with pleasure, which info do you need?
I was sendind DASH from my Bitpanda wallet to my IOS DASH Wallet (receiver)

Address matches on both ends
No transaction fee
Relatively "small" amount
Confirmed from Bitpanda side
No transaction record on DASH side

Should I just be "patient"? There must be a record of some kind. I did 3 other movements today exactly the same way without issue (bitcoons, litecoin)

Since the address doesn't appear on the Dash blockchain, the transaction has not occurred. I think you need to take this up with Bitpanda, because they would be mistaken to say this transaction is confirmed.

I am having the same challenge.
I created my account with the Jaxx wallet and i am trying to use it with a mining pool.
Will the mining pool be able to credit me Dash even though the address is showing "not seen on the network"
I cant see my address on the pools current miners right now

I am having the same challenge.
I created my account with the Jaxx wallet and i am trying to use it with a mining pool.
Will the mining pool be able to credit me Dash even though the address is showing "not seen on the network"
I cant see my address on the pools current miners right now

i am not sure tbh if you can mine straight into Jaxx
there were some posts about that back in the day .....
can not remember (am not a miner) but believe you have to use another wallet !

Back