• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Is the new budget system driving down the price of DASH?

InTheWoods

Foundation Member
Ever since the budget system was introduced DASH price has been going down. At this rate, if price gets too low, paying devs in DASH won't make much sense either. Do you see a price reversal in the near future?

Bitcoin is up month-over-month with all the challenges and other BS while DASH is down.

BiteMyShinyMetalAss I do agree it is quite much in short period of time.
TBH it`s a good enter point for many.
RSI @ poloniex is @ 18.8pt now looking at 4h candels so... ;)

These market prices show a very short term reality... Is this a trustworthy reality?

It's sad to see all those red candles out there, but I could be used to it, because it seems that everytime there's good news DASH prices go considerably down... something like "sell on the news" (?!!)

Anyway, there is still (at least that's how I see it) a "trading game" going ou on the markets, so that the exchange prices are NOT the "natural" DASH price ("natural" meaning here "the value to reflect the technology behind DASH")... It's still a kind of "manipulation" in order to "drive the market": When "the whale" moves, the "small fish" get scared for their own loss... and it is "the whale" to win, after all....

... unless some "smart fishes", noticing all the staging, keep focused on the long term, and do take their profits as well, along with "the whale".

Actually, DASH will only be really strong after it is very well spread (when there's no no sufficiently huge holder). That will be the "real market" with a "real price"

I truly hope there are many "smart fishes" right now, seeing through the "phony market smoke"... It would mean a nice DASH spread redistribution going on.

But, I am not a trader, and I am not an economist, so I might be all wrong in my feelings here...

Edit (for a kind of conspiracy theory that came to my mind in a flash): There are so many huge interests at stake when it comes to the cryptoeconomy. It would be easy for some "real big whale, bigger than any DASH whale" to act rogue and try to destroy us... it's like someone said somewhere: "being able to fly under the radar is a bless".

Last edited by a moderator:
But, I am not a trader, and I am not an economist, so I might be all wrong in my feelings here...

Edit (for a kind of conspiracy theory that came to my mind in a flash): There are so many huge interests at stake when it comes to the cryptoeconomy. It would be easy for some "real big whale, bigger than any DASH whale" to act rogue and try to destroy us... it's like someone said somewhere: "being able to fly under the radar is a bless".

Like economists have a clue. Look at the fools at the Fed.

There's no conspiracy. In order to dump Dash, you need to buy it first.

These market prices show a very short term reality... Is this a trustworthy reality?

It's sad to see all those red candles out there, but I could be used to it, because it seems that everytime there's good news DASH prices go considerably down... something like "sell on the news" (?!!)

Anyway, there is still (at least that's how I see it) a "trading game" going ou on the markets, so that the exchange prices are NOT the "natural" DASH price ("natural" meaning here "the value to reflect the technology behind DASH")... It's still a kind of "manipulation" in order to "drive the market": When "the whale" moves, the "small fish" get scared for their own loss... and it is "the whale" to win, after all....

... unless some "smart fishes", noticing all the staging, keep focused on the long term, and do take their profits as well, along with "the whale".

Actually, DASH will only be really strong after it is very well spread (when there's no no sufficiently huge holder). That will be the "real market" with a "real price"

I truly hope there are many "smart fishes" right now, seeing through the "phony market smoke"... It would mean a nice DASH spread redistribution going on.

+1, its pissing someone off and considering their means of retaliation that can only be a good thing :)

if you are referring to core payments ("salary)
that is honestly a tiny amount and will not affect the price
1st the amount is too small
2nd core members are not selling

I don't agree with you guys that it's not a big deal. There are large investments in Dash and when the only thing you see is down you start questioning your sanity for investting. Higher prices bring more investment which brings more attention which brings more investment, it's a virtuous cycle,

Like Evan said, it's time we started looking at the price, and that means understanding what the the devil is going on with the Dash market. What type of manipulation are we seeing? Are we really seeing botnet dumps?

I myself have been waiting to pick up another 10 MN but I am reticent to invest when I don't understand what is going on. It was fine to see depreciation 4 cylces ago, but now it's a real trend and I don't get it, we have had nothing but good news.

Pablo.

Indeed I do not understand that either fible1.
Well like someone put a link on bct to youtube trading info, I`m "buying the f*cking deep" ;)
Incomming Amsterdam Wednesday Meeting can bring a lot on the table.

Indeed I do not understand that either fible1.
Well like someone put a link on bct to youtube trading info, I`m "buying the f*cking deep" ;)
Incomming Amsterdam Wednesday Meeting can bring a lot on the table.

I personally suspect the Wednesday announcement won't bring a huge change in price, I think we will actually see a dip. The reasoning is that people who have access to what will happen there, have either already bought their position or will not be buying. If you look at the announcements for most companies, the rally starts right after the decision is made as info leaks and is used by investors in the know. I think we saw the peak of Dash buying for the announcement a couple weeks ago.

I'm open to being wrong, as always, but I think this will be the case. I think the bottom line issue is we are not gaining traction with NEW investors. It's pretty much the same 10-12 of us who do most of the sharing/collaborating on the boards, etc.

I'm a little sleep deprived, sorry if I sound a little negative, not my intent :).

Pablo.

dying.PNG

For me the downtrend is also frustrating sometimes, but the fundamentals are on our side. Look at this chart for some motivation, 2 year old Bitcoin - dying.

But you are right fible1. We need to gain awareness. 'Dash' is still bad to find in the search engines, sometimes it's better to google with 'darkcoin' to find what you need. Evan promised brand building to come, I wonder how this is going.

I don't think it is a botnet thing. How many coins a day can this botnet mine? Even if it is true, does that mean the price will go to 0.001 until people realize it is cheap enough to start buying? Do you think the big china btc miners keep the coins or sell them?
There is not enough demand at the moment, that's all. Nothing to cry about, get the cheap coins.

also im sure Bitfinex didnt helped , who cares
other Markets will see Bitfinex's stupid decision of stopping Dash trading , as a opportunity to get there Dash clients.

Reactions: jpr
The price used to drive me crazy, it was like a slap in the face to all the work done. Now I realize it's just such a fickle space, cryptocurrency, that we're not going to be able to make sense of anything for a few years yet, IMO. In the mean time, if I came accross some money, I'd buy and enjoy. In a way, I am buying because I would normally sell my MN rewards to pay for bills, but instead, I'm holding on to them, and just letting the bills pile up, LOL. Maybe I'll try selling stuff on ebay, this house is too cluttered anyway ;P

Back