Welcome to the Dash Forum!

Please sign up to discuss the most innovative cryptocurrency!

iOS Dash Copay 4.0.2 Bug thread - Testflight

Discussion in 'Copay Support' started by jeffh, Feb 2, 2018.

1. jeffh

jeffh Member

Phone Specs:
    iPhone 8+
    iOS 11.2.2

Seems as good a place as any to submit bugs so here are mine:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Any idea why the images don't work?

#1 jeffh, Feb 2, 2018
    Last edited: Feb 3, 2018
  2. Chuck Williams

Chuck Williams Official Dash Dev
    Core Developer

I see them - what version iOS & device you running? We saw some layout issues on iPhone X.

3. jeffh

jeffh Member

I'm on an iPhone 8+ with iOS 11.2.2 (gonna update now to 11.2.5)

4. jeffh

jeffh Member

I updated to 11.2.5 and noticed a different bug.

When you go to the Scan tab and it asks you to allow Copay to use the Camera, I clicked yes, then noticed that nothing happened - but I could see the camera feed going into the app behind the some of the UI elements. I switched from one tab to another and it went away and everything was working the way it was supposed to.

5. jeffh

jeffh Member

If you create a shared wallet, then go into Advanced Options at the bottom, it doesn't enable scrolling and some options disappear at the bottom.

They do return when you tap "Hide Advanced options" though. There's no UI hinting there though that drives the user to do that though. Could be fixed either by enabling scrolling on this pane, or giving a better hint to the expanded setting drawer.

6. jeffh

jeffh Member

When you go to share the wallet with a friend via the share link, the invitation it generates doesn't include the title of the shared wallet (feels like it should). Also, is there a way to do deep-linking for this? Also, I don't think the link should be copay.io to go get the wallet.

7. jeffh

jeffh Member

Tried checking on a recent transaction and it goes to load before returning "Error: Transaction not available at this time".

8. jeffh

jeffh Member

The Network Fee Policy page could use some more spacing at the top of the body text as the header bar overlaps with the copy here. Maybe also change the check-mark to a a color that stands out more.

9. jeffh

jeffh Member

If you go to Share Dash_Copay in settings, you'll lose the ability to go back to the rest of the application (missing bottom app bar).

^ Can't reproduce.

10. Chuck Williams

Core Developer

This collection of what appear to be layout/view management issues has also been associated with JIRA ticket #DASH-155.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Chuck Williams

Core Developer

The BWS server architecture has minor synch issues between cached transactions housed in the system and blockchain updates. The Dash Copay team will be reviewing options for refactoring out these limitations after production release.

• Like Like x 1
  12. TaoOfSatoshi

TaoOfSatoshi Grizzled Member
    Linguistic Dash Nation Founder

Posted on Slack — will repost here:

@Chuck Williams It’s been awhile, so I don’t know where my shared folder is. I found a bug:
    iOS 11.2.5, iPhone 7 Plus, receiving screen. Double tapping on the receiving address to add it to the clipboard results in the bottom menu disappearing, rendering me trapped on that screen.

Attached Files:

13. Chuck Williams

Core Developer

Thanks @TaoOfSatoshi for your review, & contribution of the Dash Copay product!

The Dash Core team is in the midst of transitioning this project to in-house developers, and I have directed the new team to review & catalog this thread/forum. We've already made some gains in these areas with other development issues, so I'm confident that it shouldn't take long to get this and other issues resolved for our production release.

Thanks again!

14. papa_carp

papa_carp New Member

Do you guys still want feedback on the app? I just had a moment to start reviewing. I guess I would expect to see some reference to a bug tracking location where I could look for duplicates of the short list I've developed so far.

1. Layout Issues - crowding near header bar for the logo and nav buttons in upper left and upper right. let me know if you want screenshots.
    2. Receive page has no return. when I go to receive, and I'm presented with the receive qr code, i cannot then return to the main screen after I've copied the address to the clipboard. it seems copying the address to clipboard removes the bottom nav tabs. If I rapidly try to click on the nav tabs right after copy to clipboard I can navigate away. BUT, then the nav buttons are missing from all pages.
    3. receive page wallet near the bottom acts like a button (has depress highlighting), but you cannot press into it. IE, it highlights like I can view my wallet funds, but doesn't actually go anywhere.
    4. On the terms of use there are a lot of capital You and Your and We that don't seem like they need to be capitalized. Maybe its a lawyer thing. Just thought I'd mention it.
    5. Speaking of that there are references to Dash_Copay all over the place. Grandma will wonder why you use underscores instead of spaces. I'm a programmer, I get it, but I'm trying to be complete with my feedback.
    6. Settings -> Share Dash_Copay: It seems like the link it provides here should be more specific to Dash. right now it takes you to copay.io/#download. Maybe thats all you get. i dunno, I guess I'd hope for something like: copay.io/#DashDownload.
    7. Scan by Fingerprint. after opening the app, the first screen is the scan your fingerprint white box - but underneath is a "scan again" button. This is a little strange. Do you need a button underneath? If the user cancels the fingerprint scanning can you just exit the app? If they do cancel the finger scanning then they are presented with something that may or may not be a button asking them to scan again. grandma likely won't press the button and then she may be stuck for a few minutes.

ios 11.1.2
    model: MN9H2LL/A

#14 papa_carp, Feb 19, 2018 at 7:31 PM
    Last edited: Feb 21, 2018 at 4:48 AM
  15. Chuck Williams

Core Developer

I'd suggest starting a new thread with your review/issues and we will process the information into our workflow. Thanks @papa_carp !

16. papa_carp

papa_carp New Member

Thank you! See edited post above.