• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

import paper wallet with passphrase

numinous

hi,

im new,

i try to import my paper wallet,

i open console,

than i get this message after i put in importprivkey:

"Please enter the wallet passphrase with walletpassphrase first. (code -13)"

help me please,

i know my passphrase but i dont know the command i need to type

Either type "walletpasphrase YourPassPhrase 30" (YourPassPhrase should be your passphrase and 30 is a timeout after which your wallet will be locked again) or simply unlock wallet via Settings -> Unlock Wallet...

Either type "walletpasphrase YourPassPhrase 30" (YourPassPhrase should be your passphrase and 30 is a timeout after which your wallet will be locked again) or simply unlock wallet via Settings -> Unlock Wallet...
thx but im not trying to unlock my wallet, im trying to import my paper wallet but i dont know where to put my passphrase in the command, it keeps asking for my passphrase

So, just to clarify, you are unlocking your wallet as @UdjinM6 instructed, then you are importing the private key from the paper wallet, and then you are being prompted for a password again?

hasnt anyone out there imported a paper wallet with a passphrase?

please enlighten me on how to do this?
were you able to get this done? it pretty easy after a few times lol... just go here: https://paper.dash.org/ click on wallet details then check bip38 encrypt and enter your private key and passphrase, then it will show you the 51 character private key in WIF format. Take that 51 character key to your wallet program import it and you can spend the funds.

were you able to get this done? it pretty easy after a few times lol... just go here: https://paper.dash.org/ click on wallet details then check bip38 encrypt and enter your private key and passphrase, then it will show you the 51 character private key in WIF format. Take that 51 character key to your wallet program import it and you can spend the funds.

if i type importprivkey it asks for the passphrase,

so i want to know what command i should type to import this wallet

Back