• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Imitation is the best form of flattery.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Propulsion

The buck stops here.
Looks like there are now two different altcoins using features directly from Darkcoin.

The coin Rotocoin is implementing Darkcoin's Dark Gravity Well, while the coin Hirocoin, is using Darkcoin's X11 hashing algorithm.

I guess that's good news?o_O
Yet seriously, how many alts will people make?!

I don't know, I don't really like the other coins copying us. I mean once darksend is open source what if someone makes a straight up clone of darkcoin and through some fluke it becomes more popular and DRks price plummets? The cloner who did no work would get rich and all Evan's work wouldn't even pay off. I would just hate for something like that to happen.

I like DRK because of its innovations. That's why I started mining it after I stumbled upon the announcement thread on bitocointalk. But unfortunately it's price is still suffering from the C-CEX incident. And I have to pay my power bill. So I'm holding my mined DRK while I'm mining e.g. Hirocoin for profitability. I hope DRK's price will rise again above 0,002 BTC (and higher :D).

Looks like there are now two different altcoins using features directly from Darkcoin.

The coin Rotocoin is implementing Darkcoin's Dark Gravity Well, while the coin Hirocoin, is using Darkcoin's X11 hashing algorithm.

Wow... Just found this thread Your post is almost one year old!! lol... And I had some Hirocoins!!! (Sold them all though, I think I made even.) Bought them when I was buying DRK because someone kept telling me it would be innovated just like DRK. I hanged out in their channel on Freenode, never saw the dev there.. He disappeared, left his miners, never had any innovation, and the coin is now dead.

There are more now to be added to this list! :mad:

I like DRK because of its innovations. That's why I started mining it after I stumbled upon the announcement thread on bitocointalk. But unfortunately it's price is still suffering from the C-CEX incident. And I have to pay my power bill. So I'm holding my mined DRK while I'm mining e.g. Hirocoin for profitability. I hope DRK's price will rise again above 0,002 BTC (and higher :D).
Hehe you know drk price now is 350% more than you wished :D

Speaking off imitation ...
hello Spreadcoin
:wink:

Speaking off imitation ...
hello Spreadcoin
:wink:
Hello! ;)
Darkcoin is also going to be an imitation of a part of Spreadcoin soon. :)

Wow... Just found this thread Your post is almost one year old!! lol... And I had some Hirocoins!!! (Sold them all though, I think I made even.) Bought them when I was buying DRK because someone kept telling me it would be innovated just like DRK. I hanged out in their channel on Freenode, never saw the dev there.. He disappeared, left his miners, never had any innovation, and the coin is now dead.

There are more now to be added to this list! :mad:
I remember I was able to instamine 40800 hirocoins. I sold them for 0.2 a few weeks later :mad:. I was stupid back then...

I have no problems ?!
do you ?

I am laughing for real now .. ..>>
:smile::grin::smile:

bummer I am on my mobile
I have a really good troll picture I could throw into the conversation
now

oh well .... I just keep laughing then
:grin:

Mind telling us exactly what? Or are you just trying to rattle thing up around here?

I hope you don't refer to the recent dev roadmap by Evan where Mr.Spread kept saying "oh yeah, that is just like I'm going to do it" - "Oh yes, that is how I planned it" - "Oh yes, that looks very similar to what I'm doing".

I respect the man forked Darkcoin and go do his thing, but c'mon now, get serious please.
There are only so many roads that lead to Rome...

Mind telling us exactly what? Or are you just trying to rattle thing up around here?

I hope you don't refer to the recent dev roadmap by Evan where Mr.Spread kept saying "oh yeah, that is just like I'm going to do it" - "Oh yes, that is how I planned it" - "Oh yes, that looks very similar to what I'm doing".

I respect the man forked Darkcoin and go do his thing, but c'mon now, get serious please.
There are only so many roads that lead to Rome...
tungfa keeps saying he is laughing. I don't get it. That's what I was referring to.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back