• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

I'm new to Dash. How do I get a "recovery seed"?

Steve H

Hello,

First of all, Dash seems to have a very solid plan for the future--very impressive! I recently downloaded a wallet onto my PC, and I purchased some Dash from Poloniex. I'd love to use the wallet, but I have one concern. While I did write down the passphrase and store it in a secure location, I do not remember being issued a recovery "seed".

I know such a seed is necessary to recovery from the "worst case" scenarios (damaged hard drive, loss of passphrase, etc.) so I'm reluctant to attempt any transfer of Dash to the new wallet.

Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks, Steve H.

There is none, yet.
Check NEW USER TIPS and WIKI for security.

Thanks! So:

1. I'm not crazy and
2. Be patient

I'll check those out (& maybe set up a decent avatar later) :)

Reactions: AjM
You can also back up your wallet to an alternate location

^^^

Always having a backup (ideally, multiple backups) of your wallet + your password is your recovery method. Just keep in mind that the Dash-core wallet does not have deterministic addresses, so if you generate new addresses to receive more funds you should be routinely backing up. Note that dash-core automatically backs up your wallet whenever you close the client, but you might want to copy that backup to another location.

Back