• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Idea to help with price volatility.

thelonecrouton

Foundation Member
Problem: Price volatility.

(Partial) Solution: Transaction locking your Masternode collateral for x months earns you y% higher block reward, x and y to be determined.

Any merit? It's a common thing in traditional investments.

Its interesting, like traditional investments like you say...but theyre loaning out that money in the mean time.
Maybe if the funds were locked for mixing [oxymoron?] it would provide value to the network worth rewarding.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm not proposing any collateral gets 'used' in any way, just that maybe such a commitment by MN owners would provide slightly greater confidence for investors and thus maybe attract more investment.

It's difficult to put a number on how much benefit this would be, but I think that would be worth something to the market. Investors would have assurance that however many DRK were tied up this way couldn't be dumped overnight.

It would only help x months after the x period is gone. I don't think it can help.

An old but unpopular solution could be to limit the hashing of Asic's. Example no one over 100 mg hash can mine. or other anti asic's solutions.

Asic's own a machine for one purpose: Gain alot dark and sell them for USD/Euro's.

why not to setup
It would only help x months after the x period is gone. I don't think it can help.

An old but unpopular solution could be to limit the hashing of Asic's. Example no one over 100 mg hash can mine. or other anti asic's solutions.

Asic's own a machine for one purpose: Gain alot dark and sell them for USD/Euro's.
I agree, the hash limit would be nice but in the same moment we would get a lot of hashpower down so less net protection.
bitcoin didin`t do that and look at their nethash!
We can limit or do more confirmations before the possibility of moving payments from MNs but this will only move the dumping earned coins in time.
The most of MN possesors keep the coins to setup next MNs I would rather say that the miners - multipools who mine and dump instantly.

check title "Price volatility."
not anti asic solutions.
did you buy a lots of graphics card for mine darkcoin?

Masternodes requiring 1000 drk is prehaps the most benevicial to price volitility seen in any cryptocurrency. Darkcoin will be even more stable as deflation is locked in 7%. Reducing the supply of coins like bitcoin, only smoother. Heince, less volitility in Darkcoin is to be expected.

Masternodes requiring 1000 drk is prehaps the most benevicial to price volitility seen in any cryptocurrency. Darkcoin will be even more stable as deflation is locked in 7%. Reducing the supply of coins like bitcoin, only smoother. Heince, less volitility in Darkcoin is to be expected.
very truth, nice avatar ;)

why not to setup

I agree, the hash limit would be nice but in the same moment we would get a lot of hashpower down so less net protection.
bitcoin didin`t do that and look at their nethash!
We can limit or do more confirmations before the possibility of moving payments from MNs but this will only move the dumping earned coins in time.
The most of MN possesors keep the coins to setup next MNs I would rather say that the miners - multipools who mine and dump instantly.
Yes, we should limit the "instant dumps" aka the guys who dump care about the coin, just the crypto profits. A hash limit could also prevent some big multi-pools, while not to hard to code in...

Back