• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

I had bad luck with Dark but I'm still here

Turtle

I'm new to trading, and not very good at it, it seems. I have this repeat situation, when a price falls at an exchange I try to send my btc there to buy it fast but the bitcoin never confirms fast enough and I get in too late and lose. So sad :sad:
When darkcoin hit .027 about a week ago, I was late to buy, I bought it at .026 and I thought it was going to the moon. I even went offline and out for a few hours. When I got home, it had dropped to .020. I lost. But the more I know about darkcoin, the more I like it. Despite my loss. The thing I like most is that its FAST to confirm. I hate waiting for bitcoin to confirm.
That being said, I want more dark. I believe in dark and that its gonna stick around and grow. I wonder if anyone here who is swimming in darkcoins would be nice enough to sell to me at a discounted rate considering my loss last week. I tried to buy at .0176 on mintpal a few minutes ago but I was too late again and missed it, my btc took too long to send over again. :mad:
Can anyone give me .0176 rate or lower, I only want 30 darkcoins, I don't have much bitcoin to play around with, money is very tight for us now, everything is going to bills and groceries. That's why I hate myself even more for not buying dark in April or earlier when I could have made a good profit last week when it went to .027

Hey Turtle,
Cheer up man, you found the Dark early!
Dark is bound to break .026 again within the next month as RC3 go live June 14th! Then you'll be saying .0189 was cheap. Still the majority of money to be made here.

But I'm not holding any Darkcoin anymore, I panic-sold and lost money. I'm new to this. I'm just wondering if there's any kindness among the people who made a killing last week who would be willing to kick me a few coins to make up for my loss. I'm from the Philippines, its very difficult to earn money in my country.
Rich people got richer from the dark pump last week, and I lost. I'm from a 3rd world developing country where our average salary is $200 US a month. Is that fair?

Last edited by a moderator:
People tend to buy high and sell low. If you want to succeed you need to master the opposite.

People tend to buy high and sell low. If you want to succeed you need to master the opposite.
True vertoe. But to do that, you have to either be psychic (to know if the coin value will increase again or not) or you need to have connection to inside information. With all these pumpers and dumpers posting, tweeting, chatting, and spreading misinformation all the time, you never know who is real and who is lying to get you to put money in his coin before he dumps it and takes your money. Cryptocurrency, as it stands, is a nest of vipers fueled by greed, and they dont care who they take money from, if he's rich or poor. I happen to be poor, and I'm sure I lost money to some dishonest rich trader who knows his game better than me.

Stay away from day trading - a sure way to lose money.

Buy and hold (over 1 year) BTC and DRK to make money.
Thanks for the tip, but it's difficult to hold anything when we need all my paycheck for our daily needs. I discovered crypto recently, its not popular here in the Philippines. And I saw a once in a lifetime opportunity when darkcoin starting rising up from $6 US to $15 US, I took my whole paycheck (careless of me) and bought in and by the time I bought it, it was at the top of the bubble and then headed down.
You say buy btc and drk and hold for over a year, but unless you are a time traveler, how can YOU KNOW it will make money? There could be any number of scenarios where the values of these coins and maybe all cryptocurrency just drops and they are not worth more in the future than they are now. Can you see the future?

Don't invest money you can't afford to lose.
Yes I heard that several times since I lost on darkcoin. But how can I ever get anywhere then? If I don't take a risk, I cant make money. We're stuck living paycheck to paycheck for the rest of our lives. Everyone has great advice and loves to give it out, but I didn't see anyone who is generous enough to kick me some coins to make up for my loss. Then how will cryptocurrency make a better world, when the people who have it and use it seem to be just as greedy and tightfisted as the people who are holding all the fiat money now?

I feel sorry to read this and maybe can give you some advices.

I feel sorry because always when I earn big money on the exchanges I think there are some fat u.s. kids (no offense!) on the other side of the world losing dad's money they don't even care about. I feel sorry when I read you lose money you really need to live for and I understand your situation.

Let me tell you my story. It's interesting because I started with nothing, really. All I had was a computer with an Intel Core i7 and I was new to cryptos and stuff and was reading something about a new coin with a strange name on IRC and thought "why not..." - I pointed my CPU for the whole night at Protoshares and next morning I noticed I just made some thousends of USD in one night and i panic sold them and exchanged them for Litecoin. Two weeks later LTC exploded and I was (in my eyes) so rich with my LTC holdings already scratching the 100k USD. And that was just the beginning, I noticed various other interesting coins I invested in which all paid off. My last and biggest investment was Darkcoin because I was convinced by the coin from the beginning.

At first I always thought it is pure luck, but it isn't. I spend day and night sucking up forums, news articles, and forums. It's like a second main job. If you see and know and understand what's going on, you get a feeling for that where the markets will move to.

If you read about a coin in the news, it's maybe too late to invest big scale. As I said before, you need to trick your head. And I know it's really hard. If you really want to buy a coin hard because the price keeps skyrocketing, always think twice, is it really the right moment to enter this market? If you see prices dropping in no time, don't sell. Whatever you do, you only lose if you sell. If the price goes down and you didnt sell, you didnt lose anything yet. You still have your coins.

When I entered the Darkcoin market, at 0.0019 DRK/BTC I thought it was a misinvestment, because the price dropped soon after to 0.0012 and was stuck there for 2-3 weeks. I found out this has to be the last chance to enter the market that low and I installed huge buy walls accross exchanges. It was a good idea. We will most likely never hit such prices again.

When I entered the Darkcoin market, I thought it may bypass Litecoin in value by the end of the year. Now, after only 2 months this already happened, and I think we will see Darkcoin at 0.1 at the end of the year. Or even higher. Stuff is moving so fast in the crypto world.

I feel sorry to read this and maybe can give you some advices.

I feel sorry because always when I earn big money on the exchanges I think there are some fat u.s. kids (no offense!) on the other side of the world losing dad's money they don't even care about. I feel sorry when I read you lose money you really need to live for and I understand your situation.

Let me tell you my story. It's interesting because I started with nothing, really. All I had was a computer with an Intel Core i7 and I was new to cryptos and stuff and was reading something about a new coin with a strange name on IRC and thought "why not..." - I pointed my CPU for the whole night at Protoshares and next morning I noticed I just made some thousends of USD in one night and i panic sold them and exchanged them for Litecoin. Two weeks later LTC exploded and I was (in my eyes) so rich with my LTC holdings already scratching the 100k USD. And that was just the beginning, I noticed various other interesting coins I invested in which all paid off. My last and biggest investment was Darkcoin because I was convinced by the coin from the beginning.

At first I always thought it is pure luck, but it isn't. I spend day and night sucking up forums, news articles, and forums. It's like a second main job. If you see and know and understand what's going on, you get a feeling for that where the markets will move to.

If you read about a coin in the news, it's maybe too late to invest big scale. As I said before, you need to trick your head. And I know it's really hard. If you really want to buy a coin hard because the price keeps skyrocketing, always think twice, is it really the right moment to enter this market? If you see prices dropping in no time, don't sell. Whatever you do, you only lose if you sell. If the price goes down and you didnt sell, you didnt lose anything yet. You still have your coins.

When I entered the Darkcoin market, at 0.0019 DRK/BTC I thought it was a misinvestment, because the price dropped soon after to 0.0012 and was stuck there for 2-3 weeks. I found out this has to be the last chance to enter the market that low and I installed huge buy walls accross exchanges. It was a good idea. We will most likely never hit such prices again.

When I entered the Darkcoin market, I thought it may bypass Litecoin in value by the end of the year. Now, after only 2 months this already happened, and I think we will see Darkcoin at 0.1 at the end of the year. Or even higher. Stuff is moving so fast in the crypto world.

That's a great story vertoe, you been very lucky, especially the first investments with protoshare and litecoin, timing was on your side. I am happy for you. Thank you for the advice, everything you said, I already learned, and I am reading all the time. The problem is that I have no more money left to invest and no more coins. So unless somebody is kind enough to help me with coins and not only advice, I guess I have to quit this.

That's a great story vertoe, you been very lucky, especially the first investments with protoshare and litecoin, timing was on your side. I am happy for you. Thank you for the advice, everything you said, I already learned, and I am reading all the time. The problem is that I have no more money left to invest and no more coins. So unless somebody is kind enough to help me with coins and not only advice, I guess I have to quit this.
Try to do some work in exchange for cryptos. There are many things you can do on the internet as an extra job. It all depends on what you know/want to do, but if you google a bit you'll find many websites. You'll need to put up many hours, but if you really want it you need to work for it.

I'm really sorry for your loss and I wish I'm mistaken, but I don't believe nobody is going to send you drk or sell you at a discount. We all have had our problems and losses. We all have our needs. I have a long list of dear people I wish I could help and I'm trying to work through it.

You maybe late to get returns in drk like those reported by vertoe (btw, amazing story!!), but cryptos are young and there will be more opportunities. Most of us have not had that kind of success and it still feels amazing. Start small, build up, learn. You'll have your own chance. And when you see it, I agree, sometimes you need to risk to gain.

Back