• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

How to keep DASH ASIC miner cool

dashminelover

Hey Crypto-Experts,

I was wondering how can i ensure facility room temperature under 33C

The temperature here at my place is 33C to 40C for July to October and in November
its 30C max, December, Jan, Feb is 18C to 25C,

One idea i got is to have AC running on the temperature of 18C so it keeps cooling the room until the temperature comes to 18C.

But i was thinking about the the heat generated by miner, how much is it ?

Do you think it would be good idea to add exhaust fan infront of the fans so they suck the hot air and
blow it out?

Do you think both AC & Exhaust can work together?

Your kind guidance is highly appreciated.

Thanks.

If I understand correctly, the exhaust fan will have to suck all the hot aire from the miner inside of the room and throw it outside of the house.

If so, my guess is the AC will have a harder time cooling because of the cold air is escaping through the opening of the exhaust fan. I'd stick with AC as it is and give it a try.

In my case, I'm at ~26C throughout the day, pretty much all year long, and the temp inside the miners are in the high 30s and low 40s, which I believe to be OK.

If I understand correctly, the exhaust fan will have to suck all the hot aire from the miner inside of the room and throw it outside of the house.

If so, my guess is the AC will have a harder time cooling because of the cold air is escaping through the opening of the exhaust fan. I'd stick with AC as it is and give it a try.

In my case, I'm at ~26C throughout the day, pretty much all year long, and the temp inside the miners are in the high 30s and low 40s, which I believe to be OK.

Thanks for your input, you are always helpful :)

So you don't use any exhaust or equipment to suck hot air @ ~26C?

In case of AC if i start with 1 ton split ac with 18C cooling temperature you think its fine for 2 iBeLink miners?

You're welcome.

Correct, I don't use any exhaust.

I have no experience with AC, sonI wouldn't know. Probably someone else can answer more intelligently than I can

You're welcome.

Correct, I don't use any exhaust.

I have no experience with AC, sonI wouldn't know. Probably someone else can answer more intelligently than I can

Thanks for your response, what measures do you take for cooling off, i understand your region temperature is 26~C but still the miners generate excessive heat,?

Thanks for your response, what measures do you take for cooling off, i understand your region temperature is 26~C but still the miners generate excessive heat,?

I just got word from another miner that he can get his GPU miners to ~23C even when outside the temp is ad ~36C, which is just crazy. He says that the most important thing isn't cooling, but getting hot air out. And he uses an exhaust fan with an intake louvre.

As for my measures, I just leave the window open [emoji846]

I just got word from another miner that he can get his GPU miners to ~23C even when outside the temp is ad ~36C, which is just crazy. He says that the most important thing isn't cooling, but getting hot air out. And he uses an exhaust fan with an intake louvre.

As for my measures, I just leave the window open [emoji846]

Yes it is helpful, you are so supportive. Plus you are lucky to have worked out things through open Window ;)

we are re-sellers of D3... we have made corporate order at bitmain, 150 pcs... 100 for our own business project, 50 for re-sale...

I have experimented a lot with Baikal Giants (with cubes too, but they don't get that hot, even with 50-70% fan around 40-50 degrees Celsius, which is already very silent compared to the superloud giants), see my other posts for custom fan mods. Some Giants start crashing at 40 degrees for me, so I keep them cooled below that, I guess they are broken (they arrived this way for me, I talked to JasonHan and Baikal about it, seems to happen from time to time, long term quality is not a real thing in china). All others work fine, they may crash at 70 degrees, but I rarely had that happen (maybe once or twice in 3 months). In the beginning I had an AC running and keeping the room cool at 22-24 degrees, but I found out it does not matter, simple airflow will keep things at around 28 degrees, which is a bit annoying in the summer because that room is kinda hot, but I can always turn on the AC to cool things down more (but all that extra power is expensive here in Germany).

GPUs get much hotter than the Baikals and the cooling is way too much and way too loud, as long as you have some airflow, you will be fine, just don't put any miner or GPU in a confined space :)

Thanks, man. Really informative. I don't think I've had a Giant crash on me, even when it's in the high 30s and low 40s. Good to know then that with a good airflow system at ~28C should be good. That makes me save a lot on AC, if I'd want to implement it to keep my miners cool.

I have experimented a lot with Baikal Giants (with cubes too, but they don't get that hot, even with 50-70% fan around 40-50 degrees Celsius, which is already very silent compared to the superloud giants), see my other posts for custom fan mods. Some Giants start crashing at 40 degrees for me, so I keep them cooled below that, I guess they are broken (they arrived this way for me, I talked to JasonHan and Baikal about it, seems to happen from time to time, long term quality is not a real thing in china). All others work fine, they may crash at 70 degrees, but I rarely had that happen (maybe once or twice in 3 months). In the beginning I had an AC running and keeping the room cool at 22-24 degrees, but I found out it does not matter, simple airflow will keep things at around 28 degrees, which is a bit annoying in the summer because that room is kinda hot, but I can always turn on the AC to cool things down more (but all that extra power is expensive here in Germany).

GPUs get much hotter than the Baikals and the cooling is way too much and way too loud, as long as you have some airflow, you will be fine, just don't put any miner or GPU in a confined space :)

Very informative, thank you.

Back