• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

How To Join the Conversation on IRC

just_mike

Internet Relay Chat (IRC) is the internet's original IM system. There are many ways to access IRC. You can access through your browser or a stand alone client.

IRC runs on servers (also called networks) and these servers have channels where the conversations take place. In our case we are interested with the server freenode.net and the channels #darkcoin and #darkcoin-test (channel names start with #).

The easiest way to start IRC is use freenode's webchat in your browser. Go to https://webchat.freenode.net/, enter a nickname, the channel name, and the captcha.

Most people prefer to use a dedicated client and there is one for almost any device that connects to the internet.

There is a long list of clients on Wikipedia or you can just search on G. Find one for your operating system and give it a try.

Note - i use xchat on linux mint and hexchat on windows. I don't like them because I can only see one channel at a time in the main window.

Sticky'd :)

IRC is so important in so many ways. Join the conversation!

I'm using weechat by the way :)

it is a nice place to help people and get information. Enjoy the room quite a bit. and it looks like the dark-bot is pretty nifty!

Back