• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

How is the monthly $15,000 for 'Public Awareness' currently being spent?

Hi. Dash investor here.

The bevy of recent budget proposals has been exciting to see.

One thing I can't figure out, though, is where the ~$15,000 worth of Dash allocated each month to "public awareness" is being spent?

Thanks for your responses.

/popcorn

I love these threads! let's get straight to it.

tungfa kot
Might be some of the names you are looking for. They know a thing or two about this subject.

edit: I say we take .25%-1% of the reward and donate it to charities. Why the hell not? Right?

Last edited by a moderator:
It is not 15k per month, in fact it has never been 15k. It reached around 12k in Feb, that is the highest.

With that said I would like to add my thoughts.
There was a report posted by Minotaur about how the funds for the first three months were spent. Since December payment was missed we are now going on another 3 months when March is over. I would expect another quarterly report from Daniel. However this next report should be much more detailed in how the expenses were handled, who manages the funds, etc.

The previous report was okay but it's not enough, people have thousands of dollars invested into this project and we are basically giving the public awareness fund free reigns on spending cash. It was okay when the fund was worth 3k per month, but at the current prices it is reaching levels of over 10k per month. Do we need that much getting spent on 'public awareness?' Maybe but not how it currently stands.

I put together a report about the Public Awareness Fund Total Amount. It will be released in an upcoming paper by another community member. Here is the basic gist of what I found.

Total Public Awarness Funds without April payment:

Roughly $39,421

Total if we include the April payment and dash price stays around 7$.

Roughly $53,421

I would be more than happy to provide the cost breakdown structure for this budget but I was not involved in this part of our activities. I have no information on this particular item.

I would like to take this opportunity to urge everybody to vote YES on the proposal DASHWORLD. No matter what the upcoming announcement says, this is the direction we need to proceed in. It is a well thought out, coordinated, focused effort. DASHWORLD can coexist with the public awareness effort. In fact, they will work more effectively together.

mnbudget vote c80cec05f8100a9a2fc808c22b0d464fafd32cc27f35a5ffe61c395b701b92a3 yes

Back