• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

How do I restore a backup from the Android wallet?

waigl

How can I restore a backup from the Android Dash wallet?

Yesterday, my phone died, pretty much out of the blue from one second to the next, and now I cannot access any files on there anymore, not even with adb. The manufacturer says repairing the phone is pretty much not an option, and they will send me a replacement.

I have had a few Dash on this phone (from when they were worth much less), and of course I am now hoping to get those back. Luckily, I found a wallet backup from some time last year. It is a 32.2 KiB sized file filled with what looks like base64 encoded binary data. What can I do with this backup now? What wallets can import this backup? Can I somehow manually extract my private keys from there? If so, how can I import individual private keys into Dash Core or some other desktop wallet (that works on Linux)?

I do not have access to any working Android device at the moment. I could probably use AVD, but I am still struggling with getting Google Play to work on it, and besides, at this point I would really prefer restoring to a desktop wallet.

Update on the situation: I have found a helpful guide now in the source code to the Dash wallet on Github. I cannot post a direct link, as I do not have three posts on this forum yet, but the file is called README.recover, and it is located in the HashEngineering/dash-wallet repository on Github.

If you're a cellphone programmer ,it is not difficult to remove data from backup to restore, if not , you'd better use some effective tools to do that ,

If you're a cellphone programmer ,it is not difficult to remove data from backup to restore, if not , you'd better use some effective tools to do that ,
Such as ....., arguably, recovering or extracting data from backup is not difficult , you can open your backup files and select data that you want to recover back , finally click "Extract " . the data can be extracted from backup ,

You should always backup your phone regularly with multiple ways like sync to cloud, gmail or transfer to PC.

Back