• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Hosting multiple masternodes on same server with multiple IPs

daf

Hello all,
I have two masternodes running on two Ubuntu VPS (Vultr + DigitalOcean). I'd like to add a third masternode to my Vultr VPS. Is there any guide-for-dummies out there? I've already bought an additional IP address from Vultr, I can ping both IPs from my client, but I don't really know what to do from there. Any help would be truly appreciated. Thanks!

Hello all,
I have two masternodes running on two Ubuntu VPS (Vultr + DigitalOcean). I'd like to add a third masternode to my Vultr VPS. Is there any guide-for-dummies out there? I've already bought an additional IP address from Vultr, I can ping both IPs from my client, but I don't really know what to do from there. Any help would be truly appreciated. Thanks!
It's not officially supported, and in the interests of decentralization, discouraged.

Reactions: daf
It's not officially supported, and in the interests of decentralization, discouraged.
OK, thanks. I suppose that hosting multiple servers at the same hoster (e.g. Vultur) is discouraged too, even if the servers are physically in different places?

OK, thanks. I suppose that hosting multiple servers at the same hoster (e.g. Vultur) is discouraged too, even if the servers are physically in different places?
I have my Masternodes at the same hoster in different places. That's not particularly a bad thing, but if you want to choose a different provider that would of course help the cause! There's a good selection at www.lowendbox.com.

technically you could run multiple instances of daemon on same server if you have enough specs and you configured different IP address to different network adapters. but if server crash or administration can be more difficult.

You are better save the money instead of paying for static IP use one of these new Masternode hosted solution providers like https://node40.com/blog/ they can switch these on almost instantly.

Back