• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Help with nvidia mining

Boneli

Hello my friends, I am beginner in mining and new in the dash community. Right now, I would like to greet everyone!

I would like to know if there is any tutorial for beginners (since I have already found some texts but I can not understand them because they seem to be for people with more advanced knowledge) or if someone, who has knowledge, could explain to me, if it is possible to mining dash from Of an nvidia video card, more specifically the GTX 970 model and how to start mining, step by step, considering that I never mined any cryptocoin. I tried using software called ccminer (as the page: dashpay.atlassian.net/wiki/display/DOC/GPU+Mining), but I do not think I was able to configure it correctly.

Sorry if the question was abusive.
Thank you!

GPU mining is no longer profitable or even feasible imo, Dash is in ASIC era for quite some time now.

I'm running a Zotac 1080 Extreme Edition and i'm only getting around 16/18 MH/s (Although i believe the 1080's use a different memory type of memory to the other models and it isn't as "compatible").

Like OP, i've only just started and really just for an experiment I put this on my i7-6700k, 16gb, Zotac, triple headed machine. Now, I am only new but it occurs to me that I'm not going to be able to boost much from the 16MH/s or so i'm getting. Really does seem like ASIC all the way from all the research i've done... only one problem, the Baikal's are sold out and I'm unable to find any other ASIC miners, although this could be my lack of knowledge!

Thanks for the responses!

I'm running a Zotac 1080 Extreme Edition and i'm only getting around 16/18 MH/s (Although i believe the 1080's use a different memory type of memory to the other models and it isn't as "compatible").

Like OP, i've only just started and really just for an experiment I put this on my i7-6700k, 16gb, Zotac, triple headed machine. Now, I am only new but it occurs to me that I'm not going to be able to boost much from the 16MH/s or so i'm getting. Really does seem like ASIC all the way from all the research i've done... only one problem, the Baikal's are sold out and I'm unable to find any other ASIC miners, although this could be my lack of knowledge!

Could you give me a hint how you started mining on that nvidia board? And what are your definitions for ASIC?

Thanks.

Back