Help the community to grow.

Status
Not open for further replies.

pbleak

May 15, 2014
Is there a media head here? I don't want to step on toes. Once I know who runs all that I can start looking up contacts, potential writers and the works and we can ramp up very quickly.

tungfa

Administrator
Dash Core Team
Foundation Member
Masternode Owner/Operator
Apr 9, 2014
Is there a media head here? I don't want to step on toes. Once I know who runs all that I can start looking up contacts, potential writers and the works and we can ramp up very quickly.
Not that I am aware of !

r-ando

Foundation Member
Jun 22, 2014
Canada
We need better graphics.
This blueness isnt really working, it is nice and all, but its way too 'safe'. Our colorscheme would be better suited to a toothpaste product.
Have you seen that animation on the cloakcoin website?...it's rad.

Evans genius level on code but he chose blue without any frank feedback. I mean, look at our members icons...theyre dark, lotta ninjas and stealthy stuff, monsters and whatnot. It really looks like we're all in the wrong forum now. Theres a disconnect.

You have to be super technical to appretiate darkcoins innovations right now, these coin rankings arent so deep and dark doesnt look as awesome as it really is.
They're even counting how many paper wallet designs a coin has, trivial as it is.

The devs are making wise decisions its just that the market, the rankings, and joe average dont care about that very much. I'm hoping darkcoin embraces its darkness visually, and implements encrypted chat technically. That'll put us back on top real fast....
+1 I really liked the direction of the graphics and colours in Enzwell's designs...

tungfa

Administrator
Dash Core Team
Foundation Member
Apr 9, 2014
We need better graphics.
This blueness isnt really working, it is nice and all, but its way too 'safe'. Our colorscheme would be better suited to a toothpaste product.
Have you seen that animation on the cloakcoin website?...it's rad.

Evans genius level on code but he chose blue without any frank feedback. I mean, look at our members icons...theyre dark, lotta ninjas and stealthy stuff, monsters and whatnot. It really looks like we're all in the wrong forum now. Theres a disconnect.

You have to be super technical to appretiate darkcoins innovations right now, these coin rankings arent so deep and dark doesnt look as awesome as it really is.
They're even counting how many paper wallet designs a coin has, trivial as it is.

The devs are making wise decisions its just that the market, the rankings, and joe average dont care about that very much. I'm hoping darkcoin embraces its darkness visually, and implements encrypted chat technically. That'll put us back on top real fast....
The color theme, logo and such is set, we will NOT redesign everything !
Lets move on guys , come on, ....>>

tungfa

Administrator
Dash Core Team
Foundation Member
Apr 9, 2014
PS:
facebook .com /Darkcoin [removed link for anti-SEO --vertoe]

this guy (stole the account back in the day)
is never posting anything but is up to 11797 Likes !!
I think somebody went shopping (for likes) for all of us and had no idea what he was doing ?!

Last edited by a moderator:

pbleak

May 15, 2014
Maybe Facebook guy gets some pocket change for the ads (maybe hijacks a lot of pages?). Either way Facebook should be dead by the time DRK is killing it as kind of the alts!

Tesquenure

Mar 23, 2014
1st of all, i'm very sorry for my bad English. Thank you to take your time to decrypt me. ;)
As some members already know here, i start experimental Gazette, "Duffette". Lest me know all i can do to help with this tool the community.
Every member are wellcome in the Gazette.
Constructif criticism are wellcome too.

Reactions: Red-Shinobi

vertoe

Three of Nine
Mar 28, 2014
Unimatrix Zero One
1st of all, i'm very sorry for my bad English. Thank you to take your time to decrypt me. ;)
As some members already know here, i start experimental Gazette, "Duffette". Lest me know all i can do to help with this tool the community.
Every member are wellcome in the Gazette.
Constructif criticism are wellcome too.
What about creating a dedicated site for the gazette which is available both via internet and darknet? Its a good read but People are taking etherpads not so serious. Don't you think?

Tesquenure

Mar 23, 2014
What about creating a dedicated site for the gazette which is available both via internet and darknet? Its a good read but People are taking etherpads not so serious. Don't you think?
Its one of the step to pass from experimental to Duffette CR1. with inscrition for news lettre by week.

fernando

Powered by Dash
Dash Core Team
Foundation Member
May 9, 2014
Liquidity is obvious, but why the developer score?
They take into account the activity in Github. Stars, watchers, forks and contributors should be quite stable, but issues, merged pull requests and new commits in the last four weeks may have gone down for different reasons... I don't know, now we are at 65 in development and 10th in total score.

fernando

Powered by Dash
Dash Core Team
Foundation Member
May 9, 2014
flare is currently preparing a JIRA API to be integrated with coingecko :)
Yes! Just your activity there should give us a few points :)

If there were a way for them to include forum activities (here and in bitcointalk) in their score we would go out the roof!!

Reactions: tungfa

Red-Shinobi

Apr 9, 2014
You dont have to redesign everything to change color schemes, hardly. Darkcoin went blue because Evan doesnt want to be associated with illicit activity, which is understandable.

But look at his rational visually: illicit activity...illicit activity...illicit activity.........illicit activity
Honestly ask yourself if the blue 'illicit activity' is any less illicit.

The better question is: What would the coolest color scheme for Darkcoin be?
I'd be willing to bet some dark that we'd all say pretty much the same thing.

On a related note lets recognize Raze as the Darkcoin Artistic Developer and have him choose some deputies. It will empower them and show other artists that the dark community honors creative contributions.

raze

King of the Morlocks
Foundation Member
Mar 9, 2014
Dash Address
Xtrdw361DvoyDhxL5XoeAvTxTPvM4dXuLW
On a related note lets recognize Raze as the Darkcoin Artistic Developer
You sure about that? I'm the one who originally suggested the current color scheme. :D

Reactions: Red-Shinobi

Red-Shinobi

Apr 9, 2014
You sure about that? I'm the one who originally suggested the current color scheme. :D
Lol
Yes i'm sure.
You were following Evans wishes, you're not a loose cannon and proved that.

I'd imagine if the color question were put to the community, which it never was, you would again follow the wishes. Or, with a fancy title, propose things without needing to convince a comittee.

EDIT: Raze wasnt your icon originally black and red???? just sayin...

raze

King of the Morlocks
Foundation Member
Mar 9, 2014
Dash Address
Xtrdw361DvoyDhxL5XoeAvTxTPvM4dXuLW
Lol
Yes i'm sure.
You were following Evans wishes, you're not a loose cannon and proved that.

I'd imagine if the color question were put to the community, which it never was, you would again follow the wishes. Or, with a fancy title, propose things without needing to convince a comittee.
Oh, it was totally my idea. I suggested it before the final logo design had even been chosen as a compromise between the two most popular ones. I think Evan preferred a different one. The color scheme was discussed, but the only proposals that seemed to generate any interest were the mine and the original solid black version, so those were the only ones voted on.

Personally, I wouldn't change it. Back when it was being discussed, I (as well as several others) argued that the lighter scheme would at least to a small degree help mitigate some of the negative perceptions of the name, which I still think is true, and blue is ideal from a marketing standpoint. Not to mention there's still quite a few outdated designs still in use. The last thing we need is yet another one.

EDIT: Raze wasnt your icon originally black and red???? just sayin...
Yes, yes it was. ;)

Red-Shinobi

Apr 9, 2014
Oh, it was totally my idea. I suggested it before the final logo design had even been chosen as a compromise between the two most popular ones. I think Evan preferred a different one. The color scheme was discussed, but the only proposals that seemed to generate any interest were the mine and the original solid black version, so those were the only ones voted on.

Personally, I wouldn't change it. Back when it was being discussed, I (as well as several others) argued that the lighter scheme would at least to a small degree help mitigate some of the negative perceptions of the name, which I still think is true, and blue is ideal from a marketing standpoint. Not to mention there's still quite a few outdated designs still in use. The last thing we need is yet another one.
Well that thread was closed to comments to all but around 15 people and i think about 8 actually participated, with maybe 3/4 voting for the 1 of 2 options. So i wouldnt put too much into that thread.
And when did the green come in??? that wasnt ever discussed ever.

This thing is going winter-fresh on us real fast...

I want to help the community grow by welcoming artists and their contributions. Right now theres no sandbox for them, no bounties, no ranks, and a general attitude that design has either already been decided on or is in the hands of paid professionals....Why arent we testing graphics and animations in the test threads?? I think id get told it was the wrong thread...but its not.

Our developers arent developing much graphics, and their score is reflecting that.

The wallet design thread was a hit because, for the first time, people could take part in design. I think we need to foster more of that.

r-ando

Foundation Member
Jun 22, 2014
Canada
:) I agree, we should focus on priorities.

I also don't think this stops anyone from designing alternative designs and showing them off to the community if they feel this is their mission. I think the website is fine even though it might not be exceptional or groundbreaking in itself (whatever that might mean to you...)

If a design is developed that is clearly ''superior'', our creative, innovative and progress focused community will surely take it into consideration.

I don't think we need to try to limit innovation or design by saying outright that this is it and thats final. We also definitely don't want to make an issue of it in my opinion, it definitely doesn't seem like a priority. Maybe visual design concepts for the future could have their own section or thread, maybe like a fun thread where artists can post Darkcoin art and people from the community can enjoy Darkcoin art, a Dark gallery?

This could be used as a database further down the line for different add concepts, design concepts, etc. If one day the community falls in love with a new design in an overwhelming manner it could be tested, like google tests different designs once in a while and we could generate community feedback. It could even turn into special publicity events, like ''help choose this year's official Darkcoin client design'', visit the artists gallery and download a client now to vote or vote on Darkcoin Talk.... :) We can have lot's of fun with things like this and it could generate a buzz as long as its done in a fun and positive way. Darkcoin, always evolving?

A choice of different designs and graphics could eventually be great for posters, ads, etc. Look at all the changes that are being developed into the client itself, change is life and it is wonderful, let us remain open to change but also be grounded and steady. Thanks

Reactions: tungfa

Tesquenure

Mar 23, 2014
Are you already thinking of one tool for this ?
Does community already have a server and a domaine for that ?

vertoe

Three of Nine
Mar 28, 2014
Unimatrix Zero One
Correction need in wikipedia : http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cryptocurrency

"Existing crypto currencies are all pseudo-anonymous, though additions such as Zerocoin and its distributed laundry[10]feature have been suggested, which would allow for anonymity"

"A crypto currency that adds privacy to transactions through a system called Darksend, an implementation of CoinJoin. "

Does some one already have an account on it ?
please use this thread https://darkcointalk.org/threads/wikipedia-darkcoin.2416/

tungfa

Administrator
Dash Core Team
Foundation Member
Apr 9, 2014
i just talked to bobby ong from coin gecko regarding his community listing/ counting not including bitcointalk and darkcointalk , he said:

Hey ......., we currently do not take into account Bitcointalk forum page count. We used to do so but we took it off our overall rank because other users complained that it is unfair.

The reason is because coins usually launch on the Bitcointalk forum and after reaching a certain threshold they move discussions into their own forum. Some smaller coins that do not have their own forum may have higher activity on Bitcointalk compared to coins that have their own forum.

That being said, we have Bitcointalk stats on our coins info pages: https://www.coingecko.com/en/coins/darkcoin

Also we have plans to incorporate forum specific stats like Darkcointalk in the future into the overall ranking

Reactions: fernando

teamer

Jul 22, 2014
Germany
Several services built specially for darkcoin:
IPN: https://drkipn.com
Escrow : https://drkescrow.com
AD Network: https://darkcoin-ads.com

Never been actively used by anyone yet (except the Testnet Faucet on drkipn)
moreover, and what really made me sad is that we have people building stuff specially for Darkcoin in the community, and whenever you enter the main Darkcoin site, you see only projects/sites/service which do not belong to our community directly. check it on your own:

https://www.darkcoin.io/resources/merchant-tools/payment-processors/

Give me at least one service of the listed which is built by Darkcoin community, and is exclusively for Darkcoin?

Other projects by the community:
https://darkbids.com
http://shout4coin.com
darkdice.net (offline)
http://drkfaucet.com/
and many others https://darkcointalk.org/forums/darkcoin-websites.14/

Ignition75

May 25, 2014
Australia
Several services built specially for darkcoin:
IPN: https://drkipn.com
Escrow : https://drkescrow.com
AD Network: https://darkcoin-ads.com

Never been actively used by anyone yet (except the Testnet Faucet on drkipn)
moreover, and what really made me sad is that we have people building stuff specially for Darkcoin in the community, and whenever you enter the main Darkcoin site, you see only projects/sites/service which do not belong to our community directly. check it on your own:

https://www.darkcoin.io/resources/merchant-tools/payment-processors/

Give me at least one service of the listed which is built by Darkcoin community, and is exclusively for Darkcoin?
This all looks very professionally done and robust... How come nobody knows about this?

Reactions: teamer and tungfa

teamer

Jul 22, 2014
Germany
This all looks very professionally done and robust... How come nobody knows about this?
Bad marketing, no real interest! how many people will buy DRK just to advertise on a website that uses darkcoin-ads ? won't that help DRK grow? just an exmaple!

Status
Not open for further replies.