Not open for further replies.

tungfa

Administrator
Dash Core Team
Foundation Member
Masternode Owner/Operator
Apr 9, 2014
This thread is about "Help the community to grow"
how vertoe pointed out, this is one of our weak spots !
When this thread started in June we had 20 people on FB (for example), now we have 2500 !
But
there is so much more work to do !!!
https://www.coingecko.com/en?sort_by=community_score
(Sorted by Community obviously)
We are on # 7 !
Behind:
BTC / DOGE / RDD / LTC / BC / VTC

So go out there and promote this thing,
use your personal Twitter and whatever Social Media, the more web links the better,
post news and updates across the board ....
Go get em,
we can do better than this !

Reactions: fernando

r-ando

Foundation Member
Jun 22, 2014
Canada
As previously announced we will be setting aside Darkcoin from our masternodes for the approximate 320 000 people born on the planet everyday. These coins will also be included in masternodes and the proceeds from these masternodes will be redistributed in two ways, evenly split between augmenting the first children's initial stake and augmenting the stake for the next generations. At regular intervals in their lives, the children and soon to be new generations will be entitled to regular payments of the proceeds generated from their stake in Darkcoin. Eventually, we plan and dream to become fully established and to establish a general recognition of peoples universal value, to allow people everywhere to have unlimited human credit, to help create the sustainable conditions necessary for equal opportunity, real cooperation and the realization of mutual love between us all, the realization of a higher truth.

The problem with the current model of utilization of capitalism is that it works within a definition of limited resources on the planet. The reality of things is that in an expanding and infinite universe resources are unlimited. Think cyberspace, even space itself is a resource in itself, so are other planets and asteroids. This becomes defining for capitalism on our planet with the advent of spacefaring technology.

Like living organisms, idea's and social structures must evolve when faced with the redefinition of the environmental reality within which they live. In light of the redefinition of our environmental reality of limited resources towards one of unlimited resources, capitalism must evolve and function within the reality of limitless resources. What is wonderful about this evolution is that it is extremely positive, it effectively eliminates the zero-sum game we have been playing with ourselves and with the planet and replaces it with infinite-sum, the truest expression of capitalism, the means to surpass limited wealth and to attain a realization of infinite wealth.

I hope to have many positive things to share with you all soon and we can't wait to hear what else the Darkcoin developers will create next.

We would very much enjoy and hope to see people think global and act local, encourage and participate in the decentralization of such efforts. We hope to be able to create happiness by sharing this project and vision for peace, love, beauty, life, health, wealth, creation, mindfulness, cooperation, respect, sustainability, realization, enlightenment, choice and happiness, with the children of the world so that they may one day share it with their own. Thank you.

fernando

Powered by Dash
Dash Core Team
Foundation Member
May 9, 2014
Done, I've just joined the Dark community. Hey everyone.
Welcome!

For the issue discussed in this thread, please don't forget to subscribe/follow:
twitter.com/darkcoinorg
facebook.com/darkcoinofficial
reddit.com/r/drkcoin
github.com/darkcoinproject

They don't count towards the Gecko score, but if you can also follow here it would be greatly appreciated:
plus.google.com/b/115080614177201373926

Last edited by a moderator:

r-ando

Foundation Member
Jun 22, 2014
Canada
Hello,

If there is weakness due to pool divergence could we look at something like this?

Would it be possible because there are so many masternodes and this is perfect for decentralization, to create a stereotype pool model and integrate it so it runs through the masternodes as an anonymous automatic fully integrated and decentralized vote based pool system that does not allow 51% attack.
Sounds good?
A pool setup is relatively basic and masternodes could run automated pools and gain revenue from the coins mined by those pools, it could be interesting, decentralization could be maintained by randomly connecting miners to different pools based on reliability of pools and making sure automatically that no 51% ever happens as an integrated part of the Darknode pool protocol. Ensuring 100 percent trust forever? :)
The mining of the coin through the pools running through the masternodes could be anonymous, so everything could operate anonymously and in an automated fashion.
Essentially, why leave any element non ''dark'' or less anonymous, especially one that is so fundamental to the coin as mining as it currently stands at 80% production of new coins and serving for essential block verification. Anonymity for miners could be a concern, especially as mining is often seen as a financial activity, which deserves its own privacy, and anonymity could provide different levels of protection.

This way if a pool wanted to mine dark coin it could buy and operate a masternode and run the pool through it and also become anonymous. Anonymous pools built right into the system that contribute to masternode and general internal coin value, and anonymous mining. Everyone with a node would start generating revenue from new automatically setup node pools and 51% attacks would no longer be possible if it was written in the random node pool selection code.
This would drive the price upward and maintain a certain level of price predictability in itself as more pools want to mine DRK and more masternodes are secured. Also, I think it would be the first system to eliminate the 51% chance forever. This could be interesting. Private coin, private connection of client and updates, private pools, private mining and private nodes.

Thinking out loud. Thank you.

vertoe

Three of Nine
Mar 28, 2014
Unimatrix Zero One
Hello,

If there is weakness due to pool divergence could we look at something like this?

Would it be possible because there are so many masternodes and this is perfect for decentralization, to create a stereotype pool model and integrate it so it runs through the masternodes as an anonymous automatic fully integrated and decentralized vote based pool system that does not allow 51% attack.
Sounds good?
A pool setup is relatively basic and masternodes could run automated pools and gain revenue from the coins mined by those pools, it could be interesting, decentralization could be maintained by randomly connecting miners to different pools based on reliability of pools and making sure automatically that no 51% ever happens as an integrated part of the Darknode pool protocol. Ensuring 100 percent trust forever? :)
The mining of the coin through the pools running through the masternodes could be anonymous, so everything could operate anonymously and in an automated fashion.
Essentially, why leave any element non ''dark'' or less anonymous, especially one that is so fundamental to the coin as mining as it currently stands at 80% production of new coins and serving for essential block verification. Anonymity for miners could be a concern, especially as mining is often seen as a financial activity, which deserves its own privacy, and anonymity could provide different levels of protection.

This way if a pool wanted to mine dark coin it could buy and operate a masternode and run the pool through it and also become anonymous. Anonymous pools built right into the system that contribute to masternode and general internal coin value, and anonymous mining. Everyone with a node would start generating revenue from new automatically setup node pools and 51% attacks would no longer be possible if it was written in the random node pool selection code.
This would drive the price upward and maintain a certain level of price predictability in itself as more pools want to mine DRK and more masternodes are secured. Also, I think it would be the first system to eliminate the 51% chance forever. This could be interesting. Private coin, private connection of client and updates, private pools, private mining and private nodes.

Thinking out loud. Thank you.
Sounds like P2Pool to me...

Reactions: fernando

r-ando

Foundation Member
Jun 22, 2014
Canada
Hi vertoe,

I was just thinking a bit about about how to solve the 51% vector and threw a vague idea out there. I agree the decentralization is similar to that of p2pool. It could be interesting to solve that in a coin.

tungfa

Administrator
Dash Core Team
Foundation Member
Apr 9, 2014
Here a little inspiration regarding "Community"
good read about BTC = Dodge ....>

(i hate coin report but good post)
https://coinreport.net/bitcoin-can-...campaign=bitcoin-can-learn-dogecoin-community

What Bitcoin Can Learn from the Dogecoin Community
Posted On 03 Sep 2014
By : Andre Infante
Comment: 0
Tag: Bitcoin, bitcoin community, Dogecoin, Dogecoin community

It’s easy to write Dogecoin off as a joke, largely because (in a lot of ways) it is. Dogecoin is a weird little altcoin without much to recommend it technically that has somehow found itself a lasting position in the top ten cryptocurrencies, long after the meme behind it has become so passe and irrelevant that the government is using it to promote Obamacare.

— HHS.gov (@HHSGov) February 26, 2014

When something that confusing happens, it’s worthwhile to take a moment and figure out which of your fundamental assumptions are wrong. What exactly does Dogecoin have going for it that gives it any kind of value? It’s definitely not because the currency is innovative, or going anywhere technologically: There is no plausible future in which Dogecoin is a serious, legitimate means of payment for the general population. What Dogecoin does have, though, is something that the Bitcoin community can learn from: its community.

Take the subreddits as an example. The Dogecoin and Bitcoin subreddits have similar numbers of subscribers (87,035 and 134,040 respectively at time of writing), but the moods of the subreddits are very, very different. To quantify that, here are word clouds generated from both subreddits, with the name of the currency (“Bitcoin,” “Dogecoin,” and “Doge”) removed to open up space.

Here’s Bitcoin:

Here’s Dogecoin:

At a glance, a few things become obvious: the Bitcoin community has much bigger dreams than the Dogecoin community, but the Dogecoin community is way friendlier. The Bitcoin word cloud is full of big concept words: “world,” “government,” “power.” The Dogecoin word cloud, in contrast, is chock full of happy little social words: “help,” “please,” “awesome.”

Then there’s the tipping. Look at all that tipping. The most used word on the Dogecoin subreddit after “Dogecoin” and “Doge” is “Dogetipbot.” Dogecoin users tip an absurd amount, and they do it for everything. My colleague here at CoinReport, Ben Isgur, thinks that Dogecoin has meaningful value as social currency: a finite amount of whuffie you can distribute to those you think are doing good works, and I don’t think he’s wrong. Dogecoin may well have a lasting role as a kind of scarcity-based karma for social media sites.

Beyond the tone and the tipping, though, differences remain. Dogecoin engages in community projects like buying a Nascar sponsorship and donating to charity, in a way that Bitcoin really doesn’t. Dogecoin users seem to be having fun. Perhaps more importantly, though, Dogecoin has less of the shrill, shiny-faced hype that mars the Bitcoin community. Both communities have their fair share of get-rich-quick day traders relentlessly try to suppress bad news and encourage others to buy in an effort to turn a profit – but, in the case of Dogecoin, at least most of the community is aware that all the “to the moon talk” is a joke. The fundamental absurdity of trying to make money off of a Shiba Inu meme helps to keep that kind of nonsense under control.

The same goes for the politics: Cryptocurrencies are going to change the world someday, but right now, the people who are really into it for political reasons tend to be aggressive, fringe anarchist folks who can be really offputting to newbies. Dogecoin is so silly that the same kind of attitude is hard to sustain. It’s difficult to get too frothy about the Federal Reserve when your ideological platform mostly runs on comic sans and bad grammar.

Again, the fundamental absurdity of Dogecoin helps to buffer it against its own worst nature – and that’s powerful. If you want to get into cryptocurrencies, who are you going to go with? The red-faced anarchists and sweaty, desperate day-traders, or the friendly dog people who give you money for being cool?

These are not fundamental features of the technology (again, there isn’t that much to Dogecoin on the backend). These are things that Bitcoin can imitate or steal. The Bitcoin community can be more aware of the impression it makes to new users. The Bitcoin community can try to be aware of and avoid get-rich-quick shilling. The Bitcoin community can make a conscious effort to engage in more big (possibly silly) community projects.

Part of bringing Bitcoin into the mainstream is bringing the mainstream into Bitcoin: putting on a public face that won’t scare your grandmother and is approachable and friendly and not completely crazy. When people see “Bitcoin” as a payment option at a cash register someday, their first thought shouldn’t be “Oh look, it’s the thing the news says that drug dealers use” – it should be “Hey, I posted a recipe on Pinterest the other week, and someone gave me some of that!”

It’s completely doable. You probably won’t even have to use comic sans.

Reactions: elgringo

tungfa

Administrator
Dash Core Team
Foundation Member
Apr 9, 2014
vertoe
In my opinion (again) TWITTER needs full action and a lot of posts, same as FB and such (quality posts we are talking)
i am not really a TWITTER guy but friends of mine are on there all the time.

I know the Core Team wants to keep Twitter 'clean' for official updates
i think that is a mistake !
News, updates, pictures, ..... that is how TWITTER works !

just my thought

vertoe

Three of Nine
Mar 28, 2014
Unimatrix Zero One
Maybe InternetApe destructed the account.

It's sad to see that inofficial accounts have more followers than our representive one with the green egg.

raze

King of the Morlocks
Foundation Member
Mar 9, 2014
Dash Address
Xtrdw361DvoyDhxL5XoeAvTxTPvM4dXuLW
Maybe InternetApe destructed the account.

It's sad to see that inofficial accounts have more followers than our representive one with the green egg.
It looks like it's the same account. Just changed addresses for some reason.

anonymousxx1503 runs @darkcoinnews.

tungfa

Administrator
Dash Core Team
Foundation Member
Apr 9, 2014
Strange
i saw it empty as well
now it is like always
only with a different name-address

Darkcoin.org
is empty as webpage ?!

aaxx1503

Feb 28, 2014
It looks like it's the same account. Just changed addresses for some reason.

anonymousxx1503 runs @darkcoinnews.
Hey guys, yeah I run @darkcoinnews but I've been posting a bit less lately. It's hard to keep track of everything on the forums + outside life (I was traveling for the past two weeks too so that didn't help). Is there anything specific you needed from me?

As for the official darkcoin account I think Ape just changed the name to darkcoinorg and the other account was taken quickly once it was opened up.

Let me know if you need anything!

Reactions: vertoe and tungfa

fernando