• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Help Recover wallet when Installing Qt again

Meedigital

Hello I need a step-by-step tips to make my wallet work again.
When I first started qt it asked to choose a folder where the wallet's files will be. I set a easier location "C:/xcoin" not that Roaming in windows.
I created and was using my wallet in windows but I needed to format my computer. I copy pasted to a new partition before formating.

Ok. my files are saved. But how to recover my wallet if the installation program "Ask to choose a NEW folder again?" I don't want a new wallet. I want to use the "backup" i did in that partition.

I Tried this until now:
1. Created a C:/xcoin again with my "backup" inside and run the qt. (No dunuts). It overwrited my wallet.
2ºnd try: Deleted the folder that was overwrited and just runt Qt creating a folder with same name and Then deleted the files the program created and copied my backup in the folder that program created. (no donuts was created a new darkcoin address)

3º Unistalled the program needing for help.

Hi there.
  1. You should do a clean install of Dash Core and start it once - you can choose the default or custom data folder, it doesn't matter.
  2. After it starts once, it will create all the files in that folder, including one file called wallet.dat
  3. Close Dash Core
  4. Copy your backed up wallet.dat file into the newly created data folder, replacing the new and empty wallet.dat
  5. Open Dash Core again. It will rescan the blockchain and your balance should appear.
Documentation: https://dashpay.atlassian.net/wiki/...673/How+to+restore+an+old+or+backed+up+wallet

Back