• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Functioning of anonymization

dapuretu

Hello,

I want to be sure that I understand how to anonymize Dash.
If I do this:

1) I exchange Bitcoin against Dash on a marketplace
2) In Dash Core, I go in Receive and I create an address that I give to the marketplace
3) Once I got money, I click Start mixing Darksend
4) I go in Send and I indicate the address of the recipient

If I follow this process am I sure I have anonymised the Dash I received on the market place?

Thank you for your help (I'm a newbie :))

Yes, but first you have to setup the amount you`re interested to anonymise in the options of the wallet and how many rounds of mixing you want to do.
When sending the coins to the internal new address after mixiing you need to tick the darksend in the bottom of the wallet before sending them.
http://scr.hu/1ame/dcits

Last edited:
Thank you for your reply. I understand the number of cycle (I put 4). But I do not understand the number of dash to anonymize. I want to anonymise all my dash everytime. If I put 100000000 in this case, is it good ?
In the overview I have a button Start to mix with Darksend, what is the difference with the checkbox in Send tab ?

I have read it but I am sorry I do not understand the difference between the checkbox and the button in the Overview and for Amount of Dash to keep anonymized there is this description :
"This value provides a lower boundary on the final amount of funds to be anonymized. Depending on how the client splits your wallet balance, you may end up with denominated inputs whose sum total is greater than the target amount. In this case the client will use all existing denominated inputs in the PrivateSend process. The final anonymized amount may be higher than your target, but should get within a few hundred (and at most a thousand) of the target value."

But it is not clear I think. "This value provides a lower boundary on the final amount of funds to be anonymized" seems to say if I put 1000000, all my dash will be anonymized and if I put 5 and I send 10 dash, 5 dash will be anonymized and 5 are not anonymized (that's it)

I am sorry for the difficult understanding. I am spanish

@dapuretu Ah, I see. So this is how it works:
1. you choose how many dash you want to be mixed (moved to private balance) in settings i.e. "Amount of Dash to keep anonymized";
2. you hit "Start mixing" button and wallet start to create denominations and mix your coins with some other online users who also are also willing to mix;
3. ... some time passes...
4. you have some dash in your private balance so when you click that checkbox on Send Tab wallet will switch to them (you'll see private balance in lower left corner);
5. if you send your coins now wallet will only choose mixed coins, if you deselect the checkbox - wallet will use all funds;
6. if you spend some coins from private balance and you still have mixing on, wallet will try to refill your private balance up to the number you set in settings.

Thank you, very good explaination :)
So yes in my case I keep 1000000 in this case to anonymise all and I have well understand the 2 step of anonymisation

Back