• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

free dash lottery - mass marketing

would you vote for free dash lottery

• yes

Votes: 1 25.0%
  • no

Votes: 3 75.0%

• Total voters

Dashmaximalist

lottery as you know is a very popular past time with billions of people across the globe enjoying it.
freedashlottery.com aims to be a dash based lottery but completely free for users.

As you know, we have started a proposal to give free dash for users in developing countries but unfortunately it did not pass the super majority ( even though it passed the simple majority ), so i was rethinking the mass marketing idea but in a different form.

Free dash lottery will give you 2 free lottery tickets ( 1 weekly and 1 monthly) when you sign up( only for developing countries where getting sim card is not free ) and 2 more free lottery tickets for every friend you refer . Users are also free to cash out these tickets and get paid $1 in dash for 4 tickets.

When we offer cash out we increase users trust enormously which is very important for an effective marketing technique.

Weekly lottery results will be declared every sunday , while the monthly results will happen last day of the month. Because this is a completely free lottery for users we don't need to subscribe to any particular lottery regulations around the countries we operate.

Weekly prizes can be at $1000 and monthly prize pool at $5000.

work on getfreedash.com has given us various insights how SMS based sign ups work and we are very comfortable with the whole process now.

with proper marketing and budgets we think we can make this go real big and sign up big number of users.

let me know how this sounds.

Last edited:
If it's free is it a lottery at all? Sounds more like a randomized airdrop to me :rolleyes:

I don´t understand.

You mean free lottery tickets but charge 0,5 USD for each ticket?

Wait for your reply. Tks!!

Oh, No free please

yes you are probably right , dash MNO seem to be not liking free giveaways

but tell me this , how are the marketing proposals so far working out ? how many new users have signed up

what guarantee do we have that we signed up any no of people ?

What if the same reach could be achieved with 1/100 of spend using alternate methods ?

unfortunately most people in dash dont have proper marketing experience and spend money on fancy sounding proposals all the same

it will be few years before we turn around .. until then i will keep my proposals on hold

I'm just guessing here, but I suspect that one reason you are having difficulty gaining traction for your proposals is that people doubt that you have the technical skills to execute your ideas.

Essentially your proposals are honey pots for scammers/hackers and we are not confident that you have the knowledge /experience /skills to deal with that.

I really appreciate your zeal for Dash, and I would hate to see you lose another 5 Dash on a failed proposal.

If you are interested, we might be able to collaborate on a feature of Dash Messaging (https://d-msg.com) that might be able to accomplish your goal of distributing Dash widely.

I'm just guessing here, but I suspect that one reason you are having difficulty gaining traction for your proposals is that people doubt that you have the technical skills to execute your ideas.

Essentially your proposals are honey pots for scammers/hackers and we are not confident that you have the knowledge /experience /skills to deal with that.

I really appreciate your zeal for Dash, and I would hate to see you lose another 5 Dash on a failed proposal.

If you are interested, we might be able to collaborate on a feature of Dash Messaging (https://d-msg.com) that might be able to accomplish your goal of distributing Dash widely.

possibly , i got almost complete positive feedback on my proposal , unfortunately those who voted NO haven't given any feedback at all , which obviously is very frustrating.

now to answer your concern, using sms otp is extremely technically robust and given the fact that sim card costs much more than $2 in the places we interested , possibility of fraud is very very limited.

If anyone ever plans a giveaway, this idea is extremely helpful.

How is that even remotely linked to what i am proposing
I just dont like chance, neither i like lotteries. Thats why i dont believe in anything random, neither i want to mess with it.
Sorry....i wish your effort to have the bless of those who control randomness..

With the give-away, at least every participant got to use a wallet.
With a lottery, people don't have to do anything if they don't win.
Maybe they have to install a wallet to get a receiving address, but after that it's easy to completely forget about it.
So while I wasn't convinced about the previous proposal, I think the value to the network was clearer than with a lottery.

With the give-away, at least every participant got to use a wallet.
With a lottery, people don't have to do anything if they don't win.
Maybe they have to install a wallet to get a receiving address, but after that it's easy to completely forget about it.
So while I wasn't convinced about the previous proposal, I think the value to the network was clearer than with a lottery.

i think we need to have some clear objectives regarding marketing , unless we have some clear objectives , it will be impossible to deliver them.

now marketing unfortunately is not 0 or 1 ( unlike development) which most people over here miss unfortunately.

There are two objectives for this marketing , reach and usage. you need to compromise on one to get another sort of ( given the limited funds )

incase of airdrop your usage might be high , but the reach could be low , with lottery it will be vice versa - lot more people are interested in lottery compared to an air drop per se or to put other way our per user acquisition cost would be lower in case of lottery compared to airdrop.

Sure , many people might not use dash wallet in case of lottery , but they will at least install the wallet , which i think is most difficult step in getting user adoption.

Back