• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Follow the money, the big money. What is going to happen in crypto in 2018? I'll show you.

solarguy

Short version: Once we get better regulatory clarity regarding crypto projects, a bunch of institutional money and Accredited Investers are going to come into the space. This will likely happen by the end of the year.

Longer version:

“I think there’s a lot of money that is lining up on the sidelines, be that from institutional investors or other types of investors that’s really just waiting for some clarity around how some of these assets are going to be treated from a tax perspective and how they’re going to be, you know, what jurisdictions they’re going to fall under. I think hopefully in the second half of this year, we’re going to see some clarity, which I think ultimately is going to help the industry mature.”

That's a quote from Arianna Simpson of Autonomous Partners, an investment fund that invests exclusively in crypto projects. It's from a podcast with Laura Shin. You could look Arianna up and see what her previous experience is. She has history/experience with the big players.

I study a number of resources that deal specifically with what the big money is doing and thinking with regards to crypto. Nothing wrong with Reddit DashPay, but that's typically not where the institutional investors hang out. I would recommend listening to Laura Shin. She does 2 podcasts. She used to do a monthy crypto podcast for Forbes, but recently went independent and now does a weekly show called Unconfirmed, and her longer show, Unchained. She interviews the big shakers and movers in the crypto space. Eventually, I hope we can get her connected to Ryan and get Dash featured on the show.

Conclusion: Three things:

1. It is often helpful to know what the big money is thinking about. In this case, it suggests that crypto is going to see a lot of new money come in once we get regulatory clarity. Probably by the end of the year. So yes, things are down and consolidating at the moment, but by the end of the year, things should be clipping along nicely.

2. Laura recently took the leap and went independent. If we show her some love and attention, it is very likely we could get Ryan on the show. And the more people know about Dash and the community, the more likely it is Dash will succeed with flying colors, which is my ultimate goal. I have good reason to believe that some of the key regulators listen to Laura's podcast.

3. Take action. Go sign up for her podcasts. Show her some love and attention. In a month or two, let's bombard her with requests to get Ryan on. We have the power. Let's use the power!
https://unconfirmed.libsyn.com/

http://unchainedpodcast.co/

Thanks for the information

Totally agree. Regulations are a stopper to many investors and making it clear will attract them quickly.

We can only wait until the end of the year.

I agree completely with “show some love” to get Ryan and other core/community members on podcasts. A couple of my favorites are Blockchain Innovation with Frederick Munawa, and Analysis in Chains with Nathan & Neil. Both get some top industry guests, but tend to lump Dash into the privacy Niche, and ignore the functioning DAO.

Another podcast I'd like to get Ryan on is, How I built this, hosted by Guy Raz on NPR. Here's their elevator pitch:

How I Built This is an American podcast about "innovators, entrepreneurs, idealists, and the stories behind the movements they built" produced by NPR.

Very inspirational. All about overcoming obstacles. They love underdog stories. And it's a pretty big soapbox with an attractive demographic of listeners.

Seems like this year has been much slower then last year

You're not wrong.

I have had this theory for a while that Wall Street money has been oogling crypto. I think when the futures market went live, they dipped their toes in the water to see if they could manipulate the price so they could buy a nice position at a good price. Recently, there have been some subpoenas indicating that the SEC suspects market manipulation in Bitcoin.

If true, the long term picture looks very rosy for crypto.

Back