• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

"Failed to Load masternode cache from nmcache.dat"

Agorist

So after downloading the new wallet I am not able to open up Dash Core because I get this error notification and now I cannot open my old wallet as well. I am afraid that I have lost my Dash and also my old wallet is linked to a masternode via a share a bought. Did I lose everything? How do I fix this? Thanks!

Have you followed the upgrade procedure?
No, I honestly thought that is was just a straight forward download and it would sync on its own. There were no prompts on the site telling me that there was anything special that I needed to do, so I didn't. :/

1. Make sure you have your wallet.dat copy in a safe place
2. Follow the upgrade procedure. There was a folder change, that's why your new version might not see your keys.

1. Make sure you have your wallet.dat copy in a safe place
2. Follow the upgrade procedure. There was a folder change, that's why your new version might not see your keys.
Where would the wallet.dat be? I have looked in both dash and dash core and it is not there.

You should have an original one too.
If there is not one there then should I try some sort of system reboot or something like that? Because I can only find the one wallet.dat and that is the one in dashcore. I have searched my whole PC and that is the only one that shows up.

Back