• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

EVOLUTION SUGGESTION: Allow wallets to configure recurring payments.

joanmarch

Abstract: One of the things you can configure in the traditional banking system, is recurring debits to your account. In Europe, through the SEPA DIRECT DEBIT, you can charge a customer every month for a service.

In criptos, however, all payments should be origined from your wallet. It is not possible to remotely charge a Dash wallet as you do in SEPA.

PROPOSAL: Allow DASH Core to send recurring payments, which can be expressed as Dash amount, EUR amount or USD amount etc. This for sure will help Dash to be used as payment method !!

If public Dash addresses do never expire, you should be able to program "Pay Dash equivalent to 20 EUR every month to this public address."
If public Dash addresses can expire, we should allow a method for public address updating in recurring payments.

How do you think about manage hackers that will remotely charge your account at their own?

I thought about this problem in general, and it has a theoretical solution:

You make separate wallet address with limited sum of money and shared private key between you and your provider (let's say your cell-phone operator).
This way, this operator can charge you $100 dollars a month, until you run out of Dash in that particular address.

Abstract: One of the things you can configure in the traditional banking system, is recurring debits to your account. In Europe, through the SEPA DIRECT DEBIT, you can charge a customer every month for a service.

In criptos, however, all payments should be origined from your wallet. It is not possible to remotely charge a Dash wallet as you do in SEPA.

PROPOSAL: Allow DASH Core to send recurring payments, which can be expressed as Dash amount, EUR amount or USD amount etc. This for sure will help Dash to be used as payment method !!

If public Dash addresses do never expire, you should be able to program "Pay Dash equivalent to 20 EUR every month to this public address."
If public Dash addresses can expire, we should allow a method for public address updating in recurring payments.
I am pretty sure Evan has mentioned before that Evolution is going to have direct debit option. I am not sure how they are going to solve it technically. I will do a quick search and see if I can find that interview.

Edit: I've found something: https://www.dash.org/news/12-1-announcement-finalized-date-project-update/
Here is the quote:
The merchant tools have taken the form of code that can be cut and pasted into their web page and server to instantly enable Dash payments by user’s name against products the merchant is listing, including a Dash Checkout modal that can handle the payment automatically on the client side. The merchant can also list the products directly in DashDrive to enable Users to make one-time payments, moderated refunds or recurring auto-payments within any DAPI enabled client (such as the Web Wallet) and access full CRM information for their sales / product listings in DashDrive via DAPI.

Last edited:
Back