• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

ERROR: ProcessBlock() : CheckBlock FAILED

weequ

Hi.

In my masternodes debug.log i still keep getting messages like:
Code:
ERROR: ProcessBlock() : CheckBlock FAILED
ERROR: CheckBlock() : Couldn't find masternode payment or payee
It usually happens 5-10 times every day on each masternode.

Is this normal behaviour?

I tried to do this to fix the issue:
Code:
delete ~/.darkcoin/blocks and chainstate, then resync from the bootstrap:

github: darkcoin-bootstrap
but I still keep getting the messages. I'm running 0.11.1.25.

I'm still getting payments occasionally but I wonder if I would be getting more without those messages. If that is not normal behaviour I will probably be reinstalling my masternodes from scratch.

Yep. Close your wallet (make sure to do a backup) and then run your wallet like this:
./darkcoind -upgradewallet
After that if you still have issues, you can do the delete blocks and bootstrap. Then you'll be fully caught up.

Actually this error has nothing to do with -upgradewallet command, I guess TaoOfSatoshi is confused by another similar looking "FAILED" which was about reading block from disk, not about verifying it :wink: Upgrading wallet however can help you to prevent that other kind of error so I would recommend to do it anyway.
This particular message means that someone is trying to submit wrong block (with wrong payee amount or address) to Darkcoin network and your MN rejects it. You can see smth like
Code:
2015-02-20 05:19:06 CheckBlock() : Couldn't find masternode payment(1|174107140) or payee(0|Xav3bnp2986fC9VLQzPyv2AvVewWfGAmYk) nHeight 223124.
it in your log right above these ERROR lines. Note "0|" next to payee - it means that address in provided block doesn't match the one that is required (correct address printed next). So block will not pass verification and fail to be accepted.
So basically saying you are good. :smile:

Actually this error has nothing to do with -upgradewallet command, I guess TaoOfSatoshi is confused by another similar looking "FAILED" which was about reading block from disk, not about verifying it :wink: Upgrading wallet however can help you to prevent that other kind of error so I would recommend to do it anyway.
This particular message means that someone is trying to submit wrong block (with wrong payee amount or address) to Darkcoin network and your MN rejects it. You can see smth like
Code:
2015-02-20 05:19:06 CheckBlock() : Couldn't find masternode payment(1|174107140) or payee(0|Xav3bnp2986fC9VLQzPyv2AvVewWfGAmYk) nHeight 223124.
it in your log right above these ERROR lines. Note "0|" next to payee - it means that address in provided block doesn't match the one that is required (correct address printed next). So block will not pass verification and fail to be accepted.
Thanks for clarification.

Code:
That's cool, just trying to help. Maybe I should stick to the promotion department, and let you handle this! :grin:

Back