• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Encrypt Wallet problem

tronie

Just finished setting up Dash Core - Wallet. All synchronizing is completed. When I place the cursor over Encrypt Wallet and click there is no response, no window comes up to create password. All other selections in all pull down menus are activated when clicked on.
Thanks for the help.

Try creating an address or key. I am just guessing you that you cannot "encrypt the wallet" until a private key is generated and stored.

I am on a trip and don't have a Dash wallet installed here. I hope someone else can jump in here and help you out. In crypto wallets that I have used, you can set a password for each private key that is stored in the software.
For all of my wallets that I put in use, I print a paper copy first, then import the wallet into the software. You should be able to keep more than one private key and address combination in your software. Setting a password just prevents others from stealing your currency simply because they have physical access to your computer. If they get a printout of your private key, they can steal it, so you save that in a safe place. To create a paper copy of a wallet address, go here: https://paper.dash.org/

I am on a trip and don't have a Dash wallet installed here. I hope someone else can jump in here and help you out. In crypto wallets that I have used, you can set a password for each private key that is stored in the software.
For all of my wallets that I put in use, I print a paper copy first, then import the wallet into the software. You should be able to keep more than one private key and address combination in your software. Setting a password just prevents others from stealing your currency simply because they have physical access to your computer. If they get a printout of your private key, they can steal it, so you save that in a safe place. To create a paper copy of a wallet address, go here: https://paper.dash.org/

I did find an old pass phrase from some time back. IT OPENED walledt. Thanks for your time and trouble.

Back