• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

DS, GUI, Joe average and Adoption

Sapereaude

Foundation Member
-Reposting this because I believe it merits being pointed out-

There is a problem due to the way darksend works and how GUI is set up (namely that it is displayed as a %). So because darksend breaks up the amount you want to anon and then finds partners to mix with, this means when you initially have lots of inputs it is easy to find partners and mix your coins and reach a high percentage of completion.However due to the fact that there are not thousands of people anonymizing coins yet, so finding people the mix the last exact remaining combination of coins is quite difficult.

However Joe Average will see that 90ish % competition and think their coins aren't 100% anonymous yet or that the "entire" process of anonymizing has not completed and since this last part takes the longest it frustrates people/ gives them the impression that it does not work very well. This is in my opinion a greatest obstacle on adoption and since we are clearly going to start to PR, I bet this will be a common complaint.

So what I suggest perhaps something like this.

5rounds-80
4rounds-25
3rounds-125
2rounds-15
1rounds-5.5

Spendable anonymised coins = 80/255.5

Back